Sleepless

There are very few things that keep Lexa from sleeping and the last 48 hours have definitely been added to that very short list. Fortunately, she had Clarke staying up with her despite Lexa's insistence to let her sleep.

"You need your sleep" Lexa noted, taking note of the way Clarke's eyes were drooping.

"So do you, but you've had a long few hours and I'm staying up to keep you company" Clarke replied, making sure there was no room for argument with her tone.

"Okay" Lexa smiled, pulling Clarke close and burying her nose in her neck." As long as you're okay, I don't mind having company"

"I'm fine. I just hope the media doesn't make a big deal out of it"

"Me too. It'll just have to be our little secret" Lexa pressed a kiss to Clarke's forehead.

--------
48 Hours Ago

"Luna" Lexa started slowly, eyeing Clarke doubtfully "Is trying to steal the throne away from me? That's insane, Clarke"

"I know but I can prove it"

"How?"

"Your aunt, while conniving and deceitful, is only out for herself. And it's in her best personal interest for you to be queen; therefore, she took it upon herself to spy on Luna a few months before you came back home" Clarke explained. "She found out that every Tuesday for the last year Luna was having meetings with a few members of paraliment. It started with about 3 or 4 but by the time you came back it was about 20. I know that doesn't seem like much but those 20 are the ones that pressured your dad into forcing you to find a wife, thinking it was what's best for you but in reality, they were laying plans for Luna to take your place. What are the chances of you meeting someone you want to marry in a year, much less someone you would want to marry? If you wanted to get married at all. Those 20 members only needed one reason to doubt you, to make the other 149 at least listen to the idea of Luna being a better alternative"

"She's my sister, Clarke. She would never do that to me"

"I know and I didn't want to believe it either. I'm not asking you to believe me. I just want you to look at what I have to show you. There are pictures and transcript of meetings. Just look and if you say there's nothing more to it I'll forget everything" Lexa's eyes scanned Clarke's face and she nodded.

"How long have you suspected this?" Lexa asked.

"A few months" Lexa paused. "You're upset" It was a statement,not a question.

"Only because you felt like you couldn't tell me sooner"

"I didn't want to come to you without proof" Clarke got up and moved to their closet taking down their wedding photo on the opposite wall, revealing a safe.

"When did we get that?"

"It was in the plans for the remodel, which I gave you. And where do you think I put our jewelry?" Clarke smirked, knowing Lexa didn't bother to look at any of the plans for the remodel.

"I thought Indra kept it safe and brings it to us"

"Every morning?" Clarke returned with the envelope Nia had given her and gave it to Lexa, before going back to close up the safe.

"I thought she was just amazing at her job" Lexa opened the envelope, shifting through the photos. "You said they were meeting every week?" She waited for a response. "Clarke? Clarke?" Lexa crawled off the bed and headed into the closet, finding Clarke passed out on the floor. "Clarke!"

---

"You're going to the hospital" Lexa left no room for argument, quickly pulling on her some clothes.