"Consummate"

Lexa waited patiently for Clarke to change on the bed, nervously straightening the wrinkles in the duvet. Seeing as they wouldn't be able to go on their honeymoon for a few weeks, she had their bedroom decorated. It was littered top to bottom with candles, roses petals, and twinkle lights. She leaned back staring at the ceiling, humming to distract herself. "Her name was Lola,she was a showgirl with yellow feathers in her hair and her dress cut down to there. At the Copa Copacabana. The hottest spot north of Havana" Lexa heard a soft laugh.

"You skipped some lines" The princess sat up and stared at her wife. "Are you just gonna stare or do you want to take this off me?"

"Yes, please" Clarke crossed the room, taking her time to straddle Lexa. "I like this" Lexa mumbled as she leaned back against the mountain of pillows, tugging on the belt of the sheer black robe Clarke was sporting.

"I thought you would. It's silk" Clarke returned the grin Lexa shot at her. "But I think you'll like what's underneath it better"

"W-what's underneath?" Clarke smirked as leaned forwards, pulling Lexa into a bruising kiss. Her smirked widened at the dazed look Lexa had when she pulled away.

"Absolutely nothing" Lexa's eyes shot open before she leaned forward, glancing down the top of her wife's robe.

"I don't know how to respond to that so I'm just going to kiss you" Clarke smiled into the kiss, resting both her arms on Lexa's shoulder. "Oh, wait!" Lexa pulled away before rummaging through the end table and pulling out a new box of condoms. "Ta-dah!"

"While I appreciate the thought, you won't need those" Lexa's pupils widened.

"As much as I want to, we can't. We already have Aden and I would love to have a mini you and me but we should wait until Aden is a bit older"

"I know. I'm saying that you don't need them because I started taking the pill a few weeks ago"

"Oh, ....well" Lexa flung the box in her hand across the room.

"Lexa?"

"Huh?"

"You're shaking"

"Yes" Lexa managed to smirk. "Be gentle with me" Clarke's smile blinded her and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"No promises"

 ****

3 months later

Lexa could hear him coming despite having her door closed. The scurrying hands across the hardwood floors got louder and louder as he approached. Lexa stood and slightly opened the door wide enough for the newly mobile baby to crawl through. Sure enough a few seconds later she heard the noise come to a stop and the door squeak open. She peered down over her desk and looked him straight in the eye before he grinned and shot off in her direction. Soon after the renovation of the royal suites were complete, her office became one of her and Aden's favorite rooms. Clarke had personally decorated it for her. She thought it was amazing how well the blonde knew her. Clarke had made the room warm and inviting while keeping the decor traditional like she preferred. Like most of the rooms in the estate, there was a special area for Aden. Clarke had went out of her way to get her and Aden matching chairs for her office because Lexa loved having the little guy with her while she worked. As usual, Aden crawled towards the drawers of her desk, using the handles to pull himself up. Lexa groaned a little, picking him up. She took out one of his favorite toys from the desk drawer and handed it to him. Whenever he wasn't at daycare, this was a typical day for him: snuggled up against Lexa or crawling around the office until lunch.