The Princess spotted with her future Queen?

“Are you okay?” Lexa asked, sliding into the booth. Lexa was glad her mother didn’t bring the conversation back to the table. She plans on telling Clarke her mother’s plan but didn’t see a reason to do so without her father’s final decision.  She could tell there was tension radiating off of Clarke and Costia.

“I’m fine,” Clarke replied, leaning against her. “I think my parents are here.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I can hear my mom and dad arguing,” On cue, Abby and Jake emerged around the corner, whispering a heated discussion. Annette walked into the room too, sitting opposite of Clarke and Lexa. Lexa stood to greet Abby and Jake.

“I’m assuming you’re Lexa?” Abby greeted.

“Yes, ma'am. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice would’ve been about a year ago, but my daughter is nothing but spontaneous,” Abby looked past Lexa, directly towards Clarke. “Hi, Clarke,” The blonde groaned, sliding out of the booth. “ I would have liked to learn about this situation in person from you.”

“I know but I didn’t know how you would react,” Clarke responded, grabbing Lexa’s hand.

“Like it would’ve changed your mind,” Abby looked at the couple; she knew that this wasn’t ideal but the fact that Clarke had already accepted Lexa’s proposal meant her opinion didn’t matter. But that didn’t mean she was ready to jump on board with this.

“It seems both our daughters are stubborn,” Annette chirped in, earning Abby’s attention. Abby frowned at the woman, wondering where she had seen her face before. “I guess I’ll have to introduce myself since my daughter won’t”

**

Much to Clarke’s surprise, her mother wasn’t as opposed as she thought she would be. After getting over the initial shock about Lexa’s family, Abby and Jake were a little more at ease. Not because they were royalty; it was because they could easily find out more about Lexa with a quick google search. There wasn’t much about her, but everything they did find reassured them of Clarke’s safety. Annette, Lexa’s mother had invited her parents back to the palace. Annette even suggested for Clarke to bring someone to help her plan the wedding. Clarke could see Lexa wasn’t too happy about that, but didn’t push. Now they were on a plane, flying back to Norway.

“What’s going on with you and your mom?” Clarke whispered, cuddling up to Lexa’s side.

“She wants me to marry Costia. She won’t tell me why. But it doesn’t matter because I’m going to marry you,” Lexa kissed Clarke’s forehead, relaxing into her embrace.

“Are you sure it’s not your baby?”

“I’m positive, Clarke. I haven’t seen her in years. I would never involve you in this if the baby was mine”

**

"There are things that you don't understand, Lexa," Her mother explained, leaning back against the chair. "This is the way it has to be," Lexa and her parents were discussing the situation in her father’s office. Lexa barely had time to show Clarke around before her parents called her in. It felt like she was in elementary school and was being sent to principal’s office.

"Why does it have to be this way? You gave me until the end of the year. If I had no choice, why did you give me that if the decision was already made?" Lexa stressed, ignoring her mother completely.

"Let's talk in private," Gustus replied, standing up. The guards were already opening the doors to the study.

"Gustus," Annette sighed.