"Your mom hates me"

Gustus leaned back in his chair, waiting for the door to shut behind Indra. He watched Clarke nervously play with Lexa’s  fingers, before motioning the pair to follow him. “Because of your date last night, the media has been swarming the palace. As a result, we have to confirm your engagement and the best way to do so is an official announcement” Gustus led them down the adjacent hall as he continued speaking. “ After the interviews, you and your parents will meet the extended family for lunch. The rest of your day will be spent picking out the details for your wedding. We need to get the big things out of the way like the wedding party and the guest list” Gustus glanced over his shoulder, observing how overwhelming it must be for the blonde and he turned to face her. “This  isn’t ideal but you should enjoy yourself. This doesn’t happen to people very often. Don’t let anyone ruin it for you” He nodded towards the guards to open the doors. “I’ll see you at lunch”

**

“Do you ever show up anywhere on time? I’ve been here since nine o’clock and you’re just now showing up fifteen minutes after ten” Ontari huffed, sticking her head out away from behind the racks of clothing. You both needed to be dressed by 10:30 . I already picked out your clothes, Lexa, so get dressed quickly”The smaller brunnette point to the garment bag hanging on the opposite side of the room.  Ontari emerged from behind the wardrobe and grabbed Clarke’s hand, pulling in the bathroom. She quickly glanced over Clarke’s body before grimacing. “You’re a lot more busty than I imagined” She said, gesturing to Clarke’s chest.

“Thank you?”

“Skirt or dress?” Ontari didn’t even let her answer before sorting through the rack. “You wear heels, right?” Clarke nodded. “So I’m thinking a black button down and white asymmetrical skirt with a green belt. Not too green but maybe pine or basil green. This is just the announcement so I don’t think we need to go all out. Black platform pumps or peep toe platforms? ”

“Just platforms”

“We are going to get along just fine” Ontari smiled, pushing the clothes she picked out into Clarke’s arms.

**

Clarke could see the woman trying to tame Lexa’s hair roll her eyes when Lexa jumped out of the chair when she walked in. “Lexa, sit down!” The girl glanced over her shoulder to see what Lexa was trying to get to and chuckled. “Maybe when you get married, she’ll be easier to calm down” Lexa puckered her lips as Clarke walked further in the room. The blonde bent to peck Lexa’s lips but the brunette had other ideas, wrapping her arm around her fiancee to keep her in place. Ontari smacked her hands away.

“Do not wrinkle those clothes” Before Lexa could argue, her mother strode into the room with a short brunette who was staring intensely at her clipboard.

“This is your handler, Emori. Wherever you go she goes. Until you learn about our government, she is going to be with you twenty-four/seven” Annette announced, directing it towards Clarke and Lexa. The queen glanced at the ensemble the blonde was wearing and frowned. “You’re wearing that?” Clarke side-eyed Ontari and nodded. “It’s a bit revealing, is it not?” It came out more of a statement than a question.  Annette circled the blonde before buttoning up Clarke’s shirt almost all the way up to her neck. “You don’t have time to change skirts. Cover your legs with a scarf” With that she left. Lexa managed to slip out of her chair and wrap her arms around Clarke, resting her chin on her fiancee’s  head. She nodded towards the door, telling everyone in the room to give them a moment.

“You should dress anyway you’d like. I love the way you dress”Clarke relaxed in her hold. “And I’d be very,very upset with you if you covered your beautiful legs” Clarke turned around in her arms. “And your beautiful brea-” Clarke pressed her finger to Lexa’s lips, shushing her.