Talk with Ben

Today is really a good day. I confronted Mal and her gang. I kicked her butt at arm wrestling. Now all Uma needs is Fairy Godmother's wand. I walked over to the ship with a smirk across my face, while holding a tray of food. I went below the deck and made my way towards Ben's cell.

I opened the door to see Gil fast asleep. I rolled my eyes. Typical. Ben was sitting down looking at the floor. I placed his tray on the desk before I went behind the chair Gil was sleeping on and placed my hands on the back supporter. I counted to three before I pulled the chair back. Gil fell back and landed with a huge thud. He groaned while I gave a lopsided smile.

When he looked up, I raised my eyebrow at him. "You understand why I took the key now, right?" Gil nodded. "Good, now you can go."

Gil got up. "Are we still going to rob Radcliffe's pawn shop later?"

"Yup."

And just like that, Gil got giddy and left the room. I couldn't help but chuckle at him. I picked up the tray and pushed it in Ben's cage. "Not hungry," He mumbled.

"Smart choice. I wouldn't eat anything from the chip shop." I pulled a bag of trail mix I brought from home and passed it to him. "Can't let the King starve. Or get food poisoning."

I got up and walked over to the desk. I plopped my feet up and started to move my hands. Small snowflakes started to form. I placed one of my palms open and used my other hand to make the snowflakes spin around. I made it transform into a small butterfly flapping its wings. Then it changed into a little bird. From the bird it transformed into a dragon.

"I've never seen anyone do that," Ben said.

I didn't look up as I finally made the dragon transform into a pirate ship. "Inherit it from my father. Probably the only good thing I got from him...and the hair. Otherwise my hair would have been red and curly like my mom."

"Red hair like your mom and powers like your dad," Ben mumbled. His eyebrows furrowed before they grew wide. "Mer?"

I closed my fist. "How do you know my name?" Or one of the many.

"You don't remember me? My father, mother, and I would visit your parents in DunBroch during the summer when we were five."

"No." I really don't. How do people remember things like this? I don't even remember what I ate last week.

"You and I would play outside of your castle. We found those wisps in the middle of the woods one day and followed them until they brought us home. Your Grandma Eleonore told us a story about how she got turned into a bear. You really don't remember me?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't know what to tell you. I just remember this snotty couple and their bratty kid coming a few times."

"That was us!"

I crossed my arms. "So, why should I care?"

He looked confused. "Mer, when we heard about the invasion, my father told your Grandpa to ship you to Auradon. We never heard from him and thought you guys were dead."

He's lying. "Not true. Grandpa told me I was being shipped to Dr. Facilier. He's been taking care of me since." And he's doing one fine job.

Ben shook his head. "No. You were suppose to live in Auradon years ago. It was your father's idea that you live with us if anything were to happen to him and your mom." He looked even more confused. "Mal told me about another girl living here. MJ? Merida Jr. Why didn't I put the pieces together?"

"Because you're an idiot. And why would Mal talk to you about me? She didn't come back for me. None of them did."

"Then come with me. Get me out of here and I'll bring you back to Auradon."