Why Are You Showing Me This?

Ben and I walked in complete silence for a while. I had my arms crossed before I started to think 'hmm, what would I be doing right now if I was home?' Wait, I know what I would be doing. I would be picking out an outfit for my date with Harry. I just hope he's still waiting for me on the Isle and doesn't think that I intended on staying in Auradon. Uma needs to know that I will always have her back. As for Gil...he needs to know that I don't really think he's that big of an idiot.

Ben opened the door for me and I cautiously walked in. I started to look around to see some items behind a huge glass case. There was Mulan's sword in one case. Cinderella's glass slippers in another one. Fairy Godmother's wand, the real one. Where the hell am I? Some kind of museum of the Bordon adults?

"What are we doing here?" I asked. I gestured towards Fairy Godmother's wand. "I'm surprise you trust me enough to not steal that thing."

"Because I know you won't steal it," Ben said with confidence. "You saved me back there, so I know that there's a small part of you that is good."

I rolled my eyes. He's going by that. Seriously? "Like I said, I have no quarrel with you. But don't take me saving you as a sign of kindness."

Ben nodded for a bit as we walked up a flight of stairs. "What do you remember about your parents?"

"Besides the fact that my dad had ice powers and my mom is pretty good with a bow, not much. Not that it's any of your business anyway, but what I remember the most is my dad making it snow and my mom laughing as she would chase me. We made a snowman together before we had a snowball fight with my dad."

A small smile came to his face. "I remember that. The last time we visited, your dad made your room snow. Not too much though. My parents were laughing when they found us making snow angels."

I crossed my arms. "Is this why you brought me here? To take a trip down memory lane?"

He shook his head. "No, because I wanted to show you this." Ben pointed ahead and I followed his line of vision for only my eyes to widen. I slowly walked up to the glass before I placed my hand on it. "You know what it is, don't you?"

 "You know what it is, don't you?"

I nodded. I can't believe he has it. I haven't seen this thing in years. "My father's staff." A whole bunch of memories came to my mind. My dad floating in the air as we played hide and seek. Him using the hook of the staff to spin me around as we ice skated. "Where did you get it?"

"When my father send a search party to look for you, we found this wedged to the wall. Word came back to my father that both of your parents were frozen in their place. Your father was trying to protect your mother. He couldn't have the staff in the wrong hands. He brought it here to honor your father's memory."

I took a shaky breath. "Do you really think this is going to change my mind about staying? Because I'm the daughter of Jack Frost you assume that there's good in me?"

"No. I wanted to show you the kind of person you can be. You had a horrible tragedy in the past and because of it that made you the person you are today. But just because you have a horrible past doesn't mean you'll have a terrible future. I believe you staying in Auradon might be the best decision for you. You could start a new life and experience everything you never could on the Isle. I saw the fire in your eyes when you were shooting. You held the same passion I've seen in your mother."

Because I want something to remember her by. I never told anyone that. Not Mal, not Jay, Carlos, Evie, Uma, Gil, or Harry. Being a VK means to not caring about what other people think. To be evil. And if I shared that with any of them then they would have thought I'm going soft. I never realized I was crying until I felt a tear drop down from my chin. Don't cry. Don't cry. I won't cry in front of anyone.

"I already made my decision," I said as my gaze didn't remove from the staff. "After Cotillion...I'm going back." I wiped my tears before I looked at Ben. "You're right. Just because I had a terrible past doesn't mean that my future is going to be. And my future includes my two best friends and the man I love. I'm not going to abandon them, no matter how much I'm barley starting to like this place."

"Then they could live here, too."

I let out a shaky chuckle. "That doesn't matter. Uma doesn't need your permission and she doesn't want it. I'm not going to abandon her when she was there for me. I'm sorry, Benny. My mind's made up."

Ben looked a bit disappointed. "I'm sorry, too."

We heard the door open and turned to see a beaming Evie running towards us. I groaned as she held up another covered up dress with a pair of shoes in her hand. "MJ!" She called out.

I groaned. "I will blow that dress up again."

Her smile got bigger. "I think you'll like this one." She set the shoes down and opened the cover. My mouth flew open. "Do you like it?"

I looked at her as I ran my hand over the material. "Like it? Evie...I love it." This is actually the first dress I don't hate. "It's beautiful."

"I know

"I know. I figured what would really make this a 'MJ' dress. Nothing to flowery and nothing really bright." She noticed my dry tears and Ben's saddened look. "Am I interrupting something?"

Ben and I gave each other a glance before I shook my head. "No." I grabbed her arm and began pulling us out. "Come on, you can help me get ready."

Evie knew something was up and made the best choice to ignore it. I'm going home after tonight and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

》》》》

A/N: Not edited bc you guys deserve it. Cotillion next chapter!!!