Choices

I stood in my place in awe as Uma descended down the stairs with Ben. She's here, Uma's really here. A small smile came to my face as Uma stopped in front of Mal. That smile slowly faded away when Ben grabbed Uma's hand and kissed it with his family's ring. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if it wasn't for the way Mal looked heartbroken.

I made my way over and pulled Uma into a bone crushing hug, which she returned. "Oh, my god, Uma," I said happily. We pulled away and I grabbed her hands. "You look so beautiful."

She smiled in return. "Thanks."

I'm happy Uma's here, but I'm a bit confused as to why she's with Ben. The last time I checked he was completely in love with Mal.

I kept the smile on my face as I gestured between them. "So, how did this happen?"

Ben started to explain with a smile. "It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal asked.

"I'm saying -"

"It was love." Uma finished for him. I furrowed my eyebrows. That's Uma's fake smile. I would know it anywhere. What is she up to? "It was. I just...I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

Ben nodded. "We are."

"I know."

I smiled again as I hugged them. "I'm so happy for the both of you," I said.

"Thanks, MJ. I knew you would." Yes, especially since you said how you would never fall in love with a royal.

"Ben," Mal called out. "Ben." He looked at her. "Did you go back for her?" Ben shook his head. Mal turned her gaze to me. "MJ?"

I wish I did, but I didn't. Why am I so worked up on this? This is what I wanted. I wanted to take everything Mal loves away, which is Ben.

I opened my mouth to respond, but Uma beat me to it. "They didn't have to." She looked a bit annoyed to explain it. "I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer."

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"A few hours before Cotillion." Uma grabbed my hands. "And we heard what you said to Ben at the museum. We wouldn't abandon you, too."

"We?"

Uma nodded with a smile before she looked back at the stairs. Harry came out wearing a tux, not sporting his hook.

He looks really handso

He looks really handso...who am I kidding? He looks hot. I let out a real smile as he walked down the stairs. Time seem to be standing still as if it was just the two of us. I chuckled as I ran towards him. Harry smiled at me as I jumped in his arms. He picked me up and spun me around before he gently put me down. I grabbed his face and pulled his lips towards mine. He's here. Harry's here.