Part 10

Next day my ma didn't let me go to hospital... how many excuses I have given... she was so stubborn in her decision... she was seeing my small injury as a big accident... at last I agreed to her and took a day leave...
Whole day I rested as per my ma's wish... but my mind was so bothered with Abhishek's sudden change... I lost my all hopes of thinking he is fine... I thought to talk with doctor Purab...

I went to hospital early morning next day... ohhh I hardly convinced my ma by giving so many reasons... as always first I  ran to Abhishek's room to see how is he... but to my dismay no one was there... no abhishek nor nurse preethu... 'may be they has gone for some check ups..' I thought and turn to come out... but my eyes stop seeing a paper on Abhishek's bed with his wrist band... 'what's that..???' I went near and took it in my hand... "What's this..???" I took his wrist band in my hand... I remembered he saying its the last gift of his ma... why will he left it here and go... then I noticed the paper and start to read... I was shocked... what's this... how can he leave the hospital like this... did anyone know that he left the hospital... then why they didn't inform me... how can he left without telling to me... specially still he is not fully recovered... I sat on the bed not understanding what's happening...

After a while maid came to the room... may be to clean the room...
"Where is Abhishek..???" I asked loudly making her look at me with feared look... I understood I am showing my anger to this innocent lady...
"I am sorry.. where is Abhishek..???"  I asked calmly... still hoping this letter is not true...

"Madam he left yesterday evening..."

"What..??? How can he leave..???"

"I am sorry madam... I don't......."

"Okay okay... tell me where is doctor Purab and nurse preethu...???"

"They are in ward madam..."

That's it... I ran to the ward... doctor purab was coming after ward rounds...
I looked at him helplessly... I think he understood my feelings... he asked me to come to his cabin...

"Doctor is this true..??? Did Abhishek leave the hospital..??? But how can he... he isn't well still..." I asked so many questions... doctor purab looked at me for seconds and went near the window...

"Yes doctor Pragya... he left..."

"But doctor Purab how can you discharged him like that..??? He was not well enough to leave from here... but why didn't you inform me yesterday...???"

He looked at me... Actually why I am shouting... he is the senior... he doesn't need my permission to discharge a patient... I looked down realising this...

"Doctor pragya... already we were planning to discharge him for his studies... so I discharged him yesterday as today he need to start his classes..."

"But day before yesterday he behaved..." I looked at him without completing my words... because I felt he already know everything...

"Yes doctor Pragya... but as he request me I discharged him..."

"He requested you..."

"Yes..." I waited for him to explain... but he wasn't... so I again asked...

"But what about his treatments... it's not complete..."

"He will come for the treatments..."

"He will come here for treatments..???" I felt somewhat relax...

"Not here doctor Pragya... but he will come to me for treatments... he promised me for that..."