Chapter three

I woke up in the morning to my mobile causing my nightstand to shake violently as it vibrated to tell me I had a message.

Good morning, how did you sleep? A.

I stared at the screen for a few minutes before I realised what A meant.

Um I'm not sure how to spell your name...Arrow? C x

Aro, it's commonly misspelt. A.

Aro...I tested the name aloud, even saying it made my mouth tingle.

How did you get my number? C x

Being part of the mafia makes me a professional stalker. A.

You're stalking me because I make your perfectness unbalanced? C x

You've thrown my whole world off balance. I like it. A.

You never answered my question? A.

I slept as well as expected with the knowledge I'm meeting the head of the mafia on Friday. C x

You should sleep with ease; I'll keep the bad guys away. A.

Unfortunately you can't keep school away as well. C x

I got ready for school and quickly shovelled down breakfast; Bella ambushed me in the hall and asked where I'd left the landline phone.

"Oh, it's in my room, yeah Aro phoned to arrange a time for Friday," I smile sheepishly.

"Where's he taking you?" she asks.

"To Seattle, I think it's going to be fancy," I mumble.

"I should have guessed," Bella sighs.

"He does seem very...posh, doesn't he?" I say.

Bella cracks a smile. "I suppose you can say it like that," she agrees.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and she quirks an eyebrow.

Make sure you take a coat. A.

"Is that him?" she asks.

"It's going to rain later," I tell her and grab my coat from the hook and ignoring her question. "Is Edward going to school today?"

"No, he's got a dental appointment at ten thirty, he'll be in later," she says with an uncomfortable blush.

"You can drive then," I say and chuck her the keys.

School was better, I was able to concentrate knowing that one, I hadn't imagined Aro and two he really was keen to take me out this week. I still couldn't understand why and I probably never would understand why a man like him would ever be interested in someone like me.

Edward was there at lunch, the tiny bit of sun this morning had been quickly overcome by thick rainclouds by eleven, so far the rain itself had held off but the darkening sky wouldn't relent so I knew it would be an epic downpour later on.

I picked Bella for my team in gym much to everyone else's disappointment; we were having a game of dodgeball which was great for Bella because she got pelted with a ball almost instantly and got to sit out for the rest of the game.

As Aro had predicted it rained, I pulled my hood up over my head as I raced from the gym across to the main building. Everyone was hurrying around trying to avoid the sudden heavy downpour and so the start of our English lesson was slightly delayed. I hung my coat up by the door, the hooks crammed with dripping wet waterproofs. As I sat down my phone pinged from inside my bag, my heart rate immediately rose in hope for another message from Aro.