Three Words

[Y/N]
-------

I shut my phone as I hung up the call with a stranger. Like usual, they had been asking and begging me to try and get rid of whatever feeling they had because they didn't want it anymore. My ability, Abundant Hearts - or as I called it, FLASH, allowed me to control people's emotions.

For instance: Emotional pain, guilt, loneliness, regret, depression, humiliation, rejection, etc. It wasn't common that I got these calls but it wasn't rare. People would offer hundreds of dollars because that's how bad they wanted to get rid of it. I use to do it, but I stopped.

I realized that would cause that emotion to be bottled up. When I alter somebody's emotions, it didn't mean I was erasing that emotion or creating it. I was pushing it away or enhancing it to the most of that emotion that they've ever felt. I could erase that emotion, but I could only do that if I was erasing all their emotions.

Some people asked me to give them happiness or some sort of feeling like jealousy. But sometimes I couldn't- even if I wanted to. I couldn't give someone an emotion because it wasn't there.

They had never experienced that emotion before.

I could nitpick certain emotions. I used F.L.A.S.H, (fear, love, anger, sadness and happiness) because they're 5 main emotions within the heart. As for me, in fear, I had just felt worthless. I kept that emotion and got rid of the rest. Love and happiness were something that didn't exist for me. I never felt it. And I would keep it that way.

The worst thing I absolutely hated were my eyes. Their natural color meant that my emotions were normal, that I hadn't altered them.

But my eyes were dark grey, because I almost felt nothing.

I only felt a few emotions. Sympathy, Empathy, Apathy, and Worthlessness. Empathy was pretty low considering I could only share the feeling of no value. I honestly never knew what to do with myself. I was basically useless. There wasn't anything I wanted to do in particular. I mostly just read books to pass time.

I walked to the subway. I had finished getting a few groceries and I was on my way back home. Deciding to take a shortcut, I went through an alley. As I walked, I was thinking about what I was going to make myself.

Half way through I heard someone speaking in a low voice, with someone else struggling to breathe. I looked over and saw a man with a long black coat transformed into some sort of.. thing. It was glowing red and holding another man in the air by his neck. There were many other men around him, dead. The guy looked at me, his eyes pleading for help.

I looked away as it wasn't really my business. This looked like some Mafia stuff. I continued walking and heard a quick snap as I heard something hit the ground. The guy was killed. In a second, I was in the same position as the other guy.

I looked at the man with his weird abilities. He gave me a cold stare as I stared back at him with an expressionless face. Yes, I was slowly suffocating, but from the way I was, I didn't show him that.

From my peripheral, I saw two women with a baby carriage walk by. They saw us and screamed. Before they could run away, he killed them. A baby soon started crying and he killed it too.

I knew I had to use it if he was going to be involving innocent people.

"Anger.. zero.. percent.." I gasped.

In a few seconds, his ability went away and I dropped to the floor, trying to catch my breath. I got up and watch him stare at me. I had gotten rid of every emotion in the category of anger, for example, hostility.

I looked down at my hand, which was what I used to tell what a persons emotions were.

Fear: pinky finger
Love: ring finger
Anger: middle finger
Sadness: forefinger
Happiness: thumb

The lines on my fingers slowly glowed. Each a different color representing his feelings. They were all pretty low. Happiness did exist for him, though it was awfully low- It was almost nothing. Sadness was pretty high. Though that was because he had felt powerless and ignored. He felt jealously, hate, aggressive and many other things- but now that was gone. Fear was low. He felt worthless. Love was out of the picture. My ring finger wasn't even glowing so that meant he had never felt it before.

He stared at me and I stared at him momentarily before picking up my bags. Luckily everything was fine so I continued my way.

As I reached the end of the alley, I heard someone walking towards him.

"Akutagawa what are you doing?" Another man asked.

"What did she do to me?" Akutagawa asked.

"What are you talking about?" The man said.

They stayed quiet and as I turned the corner I looked at them with my usual expressionless face. My eyes met with the other man for a second before I looked away.

I took another turn and was at the subway. I went down stairs and got my ticket. I got inside and was on my home.

--
Ahhhh I️ hope you liked this chapter. I'm gonna update everyday :D

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving