Misconception

Chapter 3

January had come along shortly and a new school term had started. It was three weeks into the term. Hermione and Severus hadn't spoken to each other since Christmas night. They saw each other around the castle here and there. But neither of them made the effort to begin a conversation.

It was Hermione who had been treating her Professor so coldly. Rushing off at the end of each potion lesson. Acting like nothing had happened between them. So Severus started to act the same way. Cutting her sentences short in his lessons. Criticising the girl on her work even though it was outstanding. He tried to find a flaw in everything she did.

Hermione had no idea why she was acting the way she was. She flaunted around school with her head held high, barely showing anyone the slightest bit of concern. She kept herself to herself.

But as night fell each evening, she was tormented with the thoughts of her potions master. How she mourned for another taste of his sweet plump lips against hers. The way their bodies pressed together. Feeling his toned muscles against her slim figure. She lost count of how many sleepless nights she has had since their moment.

Severus however was stern and stubborn, within a few days back he had treated Hermione like something he had stepped in. Whilst she continued to acted no different towards him. Severus knew he was clear about his actions towards her and he only hoped that she would catch on. Feeling the same way, he did. Severus' greatest fear was showing his emotions. But he just felt taken for granted and wasn't too fond of it. Something needed to be done.

Hermione had double potions, last on that Friday afternoon. That's when he would finally acknowledge her. 2 hours he wasted lecturing to his 4th years about how to make pepper up potion. Every lecture he given, Hermione would be sat there with her head down reading from a book. If she wanted to sit there and not pay attention, then that was her fault not his.

The lesson was finally over and the students scattered from dungeon's as quickly as possible. Excited for their weekend to start.

"Miss Granger. Could you stay behind for a moment." Severus said as she just about made it to the door.

Hermione knew he was telling and not asking. She made her way to the front and waited for the rest of her class to leave until she spoke.

They stood in silence for a moment. Shifting uncomfortably, with their eye contact to the floor. Severus didn't really have a reason to keep her behind. He just need to talk to her one way or another.

"What do you want?" Hermione asked flatly. Not caring about her attitude towards him.

"What do you think?" Severus asked.

"I'm sorry I ran away. I needed some time to think and so I kept my distance. For that I apologise..." Hermione didn't know what he wanted. So she just ended up apologising for the sake of it.

"I guess you've decided that your affections are clearly elsewhere" Severus grabbed the daily prophet from his side draw and threw the newspaper down on his desk. Hermione walked over to it slowly.

She saw the article, Rita Skeeter had written about her love affair between her, Victor Krum and Harry.

"This means nothing at all! She's a liar, everybody knows that! You should know that my affections- Did that kiss mean nothing to you?" Hermione finally brought up the topic they've both been trying to avoid for the past couple of weeks

"Listen! That woman is everywhere! If this gets out-" Severus spoke, making eye contact with Hermione for the first time in weeks.

"Then people are more likely to judge me not you!" Hermione noted. Of course people would think differently of her. He was her teacher and she was only 15.