Don't Forget Me

Chapter 15

For the moment Hermione was safe, and that's all Severus cared about. He watched his students march into Hogwarts grounds, from the top of one of the Quad Battlements. Expressing nothing more than a blank expression. He kept his emotions under control for the time being. He couldn't abandon his guard now. The end was nearly here and he could feel it. Not knowing if he would come out of it dead or alive. But hoping that Hermione would be safe from now on; wherever she was.

-----

At shell cottage, the trio had just buried Dobby, after Bellatrix unfortunately stabbed him with her dagger. They took the time to eat, rest and challenge their energy back up to continue on their search, for the missing Horcruxes.

Before they went anywhere, Harry had some questions about the sword they had found. Griphook, one of the goblins from Gringotts bank was their only shot in finding the answers they needed. Once he explained that there was a sword in Bellatrix's vault, but an identical replica. Hermione had a suspicion to whom might have put it in there. She had to ask, it was the only way her curiosity would be cured.

"Who's the acquaintance?"

With Griphooks vague answer and Ron stating his name out loud. Hermione once again put her keen mind to the task and came to the right conclusion. With that in mind, the three friends sustained their journey to Gringotts bank in Diagon alley. In search for the next Horcrux.

-----

The trio finally found a way to enter Hogwarts without being captured. The secret passageway from Hogsmeade was open and they slid into it. Without Aberforth's and Ariana's help they wouldn't of managed to cross the wards protecting the school, without Snape knowing they were there.

When they arrived at Hogwarts, they met Ginny and Neville. Whilst others were catching up, Hermione's mind was thinking a thousand questions that she wanted to ask. All of them about Severus, instead she decided to be discreet. Not letting her curiosity run free.

"What about Snape? What's he been up to?" Ginny's expression was unbearable, once Hermione revealed her query.

"I don't know; he hardly shows up. We never get to see him."

Did she know? Was she suspecting something about the relationship, she and Severus had? Hermione swallowed the rest of her questions, but her desires to see him was written clearly on her face.

Thinking that they were in the same building and not having the chance to sneak off to his private chambers no longer, killed her inside. A hand on her shoulder distracted her thoughts. Ron was softly shaking her.

"Hey, earth to Hermione! Time to go." He said gesturing towards the entrance.

Get a grip Granger. She constantly reminded herself, without success.

-----

Whilst Harry went off to the Great Hall with Ginny. Hermione and Ron re-joined what was left of the order. They all waited in the Entrance Hall until they were summoned. With each passing second, Hermione's heart beated louder. Severus was just behind that door. She could vaguely make out his lingering stern voice.

Hermione desperately wanted to see him. She wanted to see what he had become. The last time they were together, she was the happiest person in the world. Now her life was in danger and soon enough the battle was about to begin.

The doors to the Great Hall opened and that was her cue. She took one step at a time, finally entering the same room as him. She could feel a weight being thrown on to her, as she noticed the dark figure standing across the room.