Out In The Open

Chapter 22 – Out in the Open

The morning came hours later. As Hermione rose, she felt her surroundings empty once again. She had a thought in her mind, that Severus left her like their last night of passion 6 years ago. But didn't want to think the worse. She shouted out his name; with no reply. Panic struck her body instantly.

His clothes where still scattered on the bedroom floor, so he couldn't have gone far. Hermione flung his black shirt on. It came to her mid thighs and obviously to oversized for her.

The young women opened her door and smelt breakfast being cooked downstairs. She definitely knew where he was now. A smile formed across her face, as the thought of him as the nice little house wife he was becoming lately. He was so good to her and couldn't picture herself with anyone else, besides him. She was falling for him all over again.

It didn't quite help her situation, as she found him; shirtless in the kitchen, with just his pyjama pants on. Now she could see more visible scars and marks on his back from the past years. Hermione crept up behind him and ran her hands around his waist hugging him lovingly.

He turned, once the frying pan was set down carefully. Grasping the women in his arms and greeted her with a soft kiss.

"Thought you'd like breakfast in bed, as we didn't eat much last night." He flashed a slight smirk.

"Are you complaining Severus Snape? Because you defiantly weren't complaining last night." She gave him a playful wink. Slowly moving her hands to his backside pushing his body closer to her.

It was like Severus melted into her arms, as he noticed what she was wearing. "You are going to be the death of me Witch." His lips met with hers and hoisted her up on to the counter, kissing every single part of her body.

They later moved on to eating breakfast lazily in each other's arms in the Livingroom, wanting to spend each moment with each other as possible. No knowing what was around the corner. Finishing their breakfast up Severus levitated the plates into the kitchen and magically washed them, using a cleaning spell. He was too much enjoying being in the arms of the only other women he loved besides Lily and never wanted to let her go again.

"Severus?" Hermione asked lying on top of him, with her head upon his chest. Admiring their time together.

Severus hummed in response.

"What's happened now?" Hermione tensed into his chest as she asked the question that had been haunting both of them for days.

He was only really staying with Hermione, until she was better and aided back to herself. Now that they lay in each other's arms, neither of them wanted to part. Hermione felt okay, but something inside of her told her otherwise. She loved spending time with Severus, he brought light into her life once again and she couldn't afford to lose that.

"What do you mean?" Severus asked shifted into an upright position to observe her more clearly.

"Never mind. I completely forgot what I was going to say." She laughed at her stupidity. She really wanted to talk to him about his plans. But only withered in fear of him leaving, as soon as she told him she was better.

"How are you feeling?" Her thoughts were interrupted by his smooth kisses on her cheeks.

"I'm fine. I mean, it still hurts...but I can manage" Hermione had just completely lied to his face and felt a tremendous amount of guilt. Hermione had healed a day or so. She just didn't want him to leave, not just yet.

"You should stay in bed for the rest of the day, don't make me carry you up there!" Severus rose up from the couch and order her upstairs, with a point of his finger.