i

❝time is precious, waste it wisely❞

Lisa raced through the premises of Seoul National University Hospital, ignoring the curious looks from other people in the packed hallways. Not only was she reprimanded severely by her manager and threatened of losing her job, but she may also lose a spot for the internship. Being a senior in South Korea's most prestigious medical school was no joke. Students basically thrive on at least four hours of sleep, if they were lucky enough to have one, and several bottles of energy drinks and unlimited cups of coffee. She was one of them, not to mention squeezing in her part time job and social life with the mix.

Not that she was socially inclined anyways. Most girls her age would worry about going to campus parties or wasting their night away with some random boy, but she doesn't have the privelege to experience any of those. Her exceptional intelligence has hurled her into the world of adults too soon, allowing her to progress in taking advanced classes and accelerating her academic level. At 18, she will be graduating with a degree in medicine. It was like everything has been laid out for her even before conception, like a great masterplan where everything was inevitable.

Although some would consider it a gift, the curse of her own brilliance has only isolated her from the rest of her peers. People started having higher expections; challenging the limits of her capabilities and scrutinizing her every move. She thought that things would be more bearable with a family, but hers was a little complicated to say the least. Following the separation of her parents, Lisa moved to Florence and had a stringent upbringing, where standards and rules were rigidly imposed. No letters, no calls, no visits from her father. Nothing. She was decapitated from the rest of her family, her father and siblings. Until three years ago.

Moving to her birth country was a way of escaping all the pressure and constraints - she can start fresh and live like any average university student. It took her great lengths in persuading her il avo to consent her decision. Despite his protests, she managed to convince him in exchange for something she knew she would regret someday. Though, she has yet to grasp the magnitude of the price for her own liberation.

Lisa checked her wristwatch, ten minutes left before the daily rounds. She donned her white coat over a pair of loose fitting scrubs while simultaneously tying her hair into a neat chignon and clipping stray strands into place. Being a working student, multi tasking was one of her many specialties, it's like a survival skill in the world of health care. This year especially was the most crucial, med students have started filing for internship applications and securing a spot at Seoul National University Hospital was her main goal. For the past months, she worked her ass off to prove her worth, but one little mistake can jeopardize all her efforts and throw it in the bin.