xii

❝Loving her was his most exquisite form of
self destruction.❞

|| disclamer:the second half of this chapter could besensitive and uncomfortable for othersplease skip it if you must

|| disclamer:
the second half of this chapter could be
sensitive and uncomfortable for others
please skip it if you must..sorry..

The kiss was gentle and bittersweet.

Her first kiss.

She loved it. How it felt perfect. How the strong aftertaste of coffee in his mouth mixed in with sweet strawberry in hers. How it sent a bolt of electric current down to the bottom of her spine, telling her to live and not to simply exist.

She hated it. How it felt too perfect. How she willingly succumbed into the pleasure of his touch and the comfort of his smell. How she took it all seriously. When at the end, everything that happened was all a fake.

Pretend. False. Untrue.

It was nothing but a game. The same way that kiss meant nothing to him. It's just another trick, Lisa. Don't fall for it, if you don't want to end up like Othello falling for Iago's deceit.

He was a master manipulator. Who would do anything for his gain. Step on anyone for his advantage. And use her to turn the tides on his favor.

She traced her way up into the front door in mute anguish, holding on tightly to the toy plushy in her arms. At least this ugly bunny is real. She was tempted to punch its smiley face and rip it to shreds - it does look like him in a freaky way. Ugly and annoying.

A dim flat greeted her home, as usual on Mondays. Rosé has her late night vocal practice and won't be back 'til early morning. She had her own suspicions of what other extra activities that girl was was doing.

Today, Lisa was somehow thankful. The long hours of solitude and silence would be a welcoming retreat for her conflicted state. And there's nothing a tub of ice cream and korean drama marathon can't do.

A deep voice coming from the living room nullified the thought. "Lisa?" A man spoke. The lights turned on, revealing her brother by the lamp stand - an impassive look on his face.

Blank Tae. A nickname made by their sister Jisoo on account of his vacant look and flat affect. It was something that Lisa never really understood; because the TaeTae that she grew up with, always had a radiant smile on his face and warmth in his eyes. It made her happy - at how she's the only one whom he showed that other version of him.