viii

FEAR has two meanings
Forget Everything And Run
or
Face Everything And Rise
the choice is yours.❞

♔

"Don't make me repeat myself and decorate the wall with your brain."

How the hell did he find me? Lisa's initial inquiry was instantly subdued by fear. Not for herself, but for the stranger beside her. The infuriated Jungkook in front of them was not a pleasing sight: dark eyes, clenched fists, and squared shoulders. She knew that he would stop at nothing to get what he wants and something must be done before the situation could escalate any further.

"And why should I do that?" Her head snapped at the man who flung an arm around her shoulders. A clear sign of a mocking gesture. He was only making things worse for the both of them.

She frowned. "What are you doing?" He leaned down, pulling her closer. "Your boyfriend is being a big jerk," he whispered. "Why not ditch him and come with me instead?"

Without warning, Jungkook pulled him by the collar and landed a punch on his face. "What the fuck did you say?"

Lisa just stood there, wedged on the spot. The effects of alcohol have taken its peak, making her body succumb to the corollary of toxins. Through her clouded vision, she could only watch in horror as the two men exchange heavy blows amongst themselves. Sans intention of stopping until the other is outmatched.

Jungkook, now sporting a busted lip, aimed another fist at his adversary, successfully hitting him on the jaw. The man toppled down on the ground and Jungkook took advantage of the momentum. He lunged forward, stooping over his fallen enemy while showering him with continuous strikes.

She willed her mind to do something. Anything. But what? Not positively sure of what to do, Lisa reached for Jungkook's arm, breaking his attacks for a second. Her abrupt intrusion was easily put aside by one forceful push from him.

She closed her eyes, awaiting for the hard impact of the wall against her back. Instead, her small figure slammed on the someone's firm torso. "Lisa?" The voice of Dr. Park said. He was holding her up, supporting her collapsing weight and sat her gently on the floor.

She fought to keep her senses, but darkness briskly loomed in. And everything faded.

•◌•◌•

Sunday came. No need to go to the university, listening to endless lectures that she had mostly memorized. Or go to work serving snotty, rich customers and dealing with the manager who was holding a grudge since her outburst. At last, she can spend the whole day in her lazy ass with a pint of Chunky Monkey.

Lisa woke up to find chinks of faint morning light edging underneath the closed curtains. Instinctively, she turned away from the window and buried herself beneath the warm duvet.