xi

❝When he was born,
Satan said: bloody hell, competition.❞

♔

"I hope I'm not disturbing your date with my girlfriend."

The devil incarnate whispered in an undertone that can be barely heard. Lisa whipped her head fast to find Satan wearing a deep frown and an icy cold smile. Quite unexpectedly, hell did not break loose nor was a strike thrown.

Jungkook instead pulled out a chair and settled himself nonchalantly beside her. The man was beyond capricious and unreasonable. That asking questions like what are you doing here or how did you find me became no longer relevant.

"No. Not at all. I'm Mingyu by the way, Lisa's classmate." Mingyu extended an outstretched hand across the table for Jungkook to shake. To which was downright rejected by a scowl. "I'm not sure if you can remember me but, we met at the party the other night. You know, the one you punched and everything. But hey, it's all in the past. Forgiven and forgotten."

His lengthy introduction and boyish grin prompted Lisa to curse under her breath. He is too carefree for his own good.

Are the purple bruises on his face not enough proof that Jeon Jungkook is someone you don't mess with?

"So, what business do you have with her?" Jungkook asked, pulling her closer towards him. Lisa furrowed her brows, baffled. What's the deal with him?

There was surely no need for them to put up a show of their pretend relationship in front of Mingyu. As far as she's concerned, the few people they have to convince were their family and friends.

So what's with the act?

Mingyu enthused, his grin reached to his ears, "Lisa agreed of doing me a really big favor. This date is the first installment for that."

Lisa almost choked on her drink at what he said. It did not help when when he sent a mischievous wink at her direction as he flipped the meat like it's the most normal thing to do.

Her breath hitched sensing the thickening atmosphere grow on their side. In her peripheral vision, Jungkook was tucking his tongue on one side of his cheek. He seemed to be hanging at the short end of his rein.

"I think we'll be spending more time together star --aw!" She aimed for his kneecap under the table. "What was that for?"

She fired her classmate a do-you-have-a-death-wish look. Concentrating hard to signal her thoughts through telepathy and hoped that he's not as dense as he let on. If his no-filter mouth will not stop, she'll be the one smacking him.