#6 • Stars • {Newt}

•Chapter 6
•Newt Imagine
•Stars

You had already been in the Glade for about 2 weeks and had developed a slight crush on Newt, the beautiful, blonde haired, British boy that worked with the track- hoes.
You'd felt attracted to him ever since he helped show you around but in your heart, you knew he'd never like you back.
The crush, sadly, was single- sided.
Poor you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One night, you couldn't sleep due to all the crickets chirping near your hammock.
You decided to walk over to the birds nest, on top if the homestead.
You silently climb the ladder, careful not to wake the other gladers, but once you'd made it to the top, you could see a familiar blonde head sitting down, gazing into the star- lit sky.
"Newt?"
He immediately turned around and his hand flew to brush his hair from his face, almost as if he was.... nervous?
"Hi y/n, I didn't see you."
"Hey. Look, I'm so sorry for disturbing you, I'll go back."
You turned around and walked towards the ladder before you felt Newt's hand clasped around your wrist.
"Please stay, I could really use the company."
"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude." You say.
"No, no, please y/n! Just, just, stay with me?"
You nod, wondering why Newt is acting so out of character.
You both sit on the ledge, staring at the stars.
"Why couldn't you sleep?" Newt asks.
"The crickets were too loud."
He laughs, and you grin. You love Newt's smile: the way his eyes light up and his pearly whites flash your way.
You two sit, side by side, gazing at the sky and breathing in the fresh air.
"It's beautiful." You comment, still looking at the stars.
"Yes, it is." He replies.
You turn your head to face him and see that he is looking at you.
Realising what he just said, you feel a blush creeping onto your cheeks and look away.
After a moments silence, Newt says
"I meant it you know."
You smile at him and position yourself leaning against him, after which you gently lean your head onto his chest.
He seems shocked but then relaxes into your grasp, before wrapping his arm around your shoulder, almost as if he's protecting you from all the dangers of the world.
That's him.
Your guy.
Newt.

Hey!!! What did you think of this imagine? I hope you liked it, especially if Newt is your baby, like me!!!
Fiona xxx