Seven

Harry's POV

I grip the edges of my chair, as I watch his hand land on her thigh. Sitting here is torture. However, for some reason, knowing that they were coming here forced me to get my ass in here as well.

"Harry!" Ashley snaps. I look towards her questioningly. "This is the first time you've ever brought me out on your own free will." I scoff.

"Don't let it get to your head, I was simply hungry." I say, hiding my face behind the menu once more, and diverting my gaze towards Mus. One of her hand is now wrapped in that guy's - the close contact urging me to flip the table.

These thoughts are wrong though. After all, we aren't together and I have no right to be mad at her for moving on. But it fucking hurts and I can't help this feeling.

"Are you ready to order?" The waiter asks, coming over to our table. I order the first dish that my eyes land on, and place the menu card down. Ashley tries to begin a conversation with me, but after a few minutes of ignoring her, she focuses her attention on her phone.

Mus laughs a lot with that guy. They're all hearty laughs, accompanied by Mus tossing her head back. We used to be like that once upon a time. Back before I found out what she had done. The guy wraps his palms around Mus' face, and leans towards her lips. As if on reflex, I stand up, my chair falling backwards onto the floor.

The loud clatter whips heads in my direction, even Mus'. She rolls her eyes when she realizes that the source of the noise is me. I stride over to her, and grab hold of her forearm, yanking her up.

"What the fuck?!" Mus exclaims, struggling in my tight hold. Dick-face gets up, and comes beside us. He places his hand over mine and pries my fingers off her arm.

"Don't," I warn. He ignores me, and shoves me backwards. I stumble back two steps, before regaining my footing. "I want to speak with you." I say, looking towards Mus.

"About what?" Mus asks, raising her eyebrows. "What's left to say?"

"Well, for starters I'd like to know as to why you're hanging around with that fucker." I nod my head towards her date. "Secondly, I have somethings to say to you."

"Guess what, Harry? I don't wish to hear them, so thank you very much." Mus turns around, sits down.

"Would you rather I yell out who you are?" I smile maliciously, sucking in a huge gulp of air. "I wonder how that'll go down. By the way, does he know about your true identity?" I nod towards her date, who is still staring daggers at me.

"You wouldn't dare," Mus narrows her eyes at me. I scoff.

"Try me. Just the fact that there's even an ounce of doubt in your mind, shows just how little you know about me." Mus shoots up from her chair immediately, and takes a step towards me.

"Lead the way." I smirk triumphantly, turning on my heels and striding towards the exit. I can hear Mus' shoes clicking behind me, as we head out. For some reason, the thought that we'll be alone - even for a few minutes - spreads pleasure throughout my system.

I step out, and hold the door open for Mus. She comes out, her arms crossed across her chest.

"Don't be so sulky, I'm not sending you to hell." I say sarcastically, as the door shuts. Mus turns to face me, her eyebrow cocked.

"What do you want to talk about, Harry?" She asks, her expression radiating utter boredom.

"How're ya?" I blurt out, curiously assessing her expression, and body language. I want some hint that she misses me, and the thought of me plagues her often - just like she does to me.

"Great!" Mus exclaims, throwing her hands up in the air. "Is that seriously the only reason you brought me out of the restaurant, and interrupted my date?"

"Oh, so that truly is your date, eh?" I ask. "Wow, have your standards fallen." Mus frowns, her gaze subconsciously drifting towards the interior of the restaurant.

"He treats me the way I deserve to be treated," Mus retorts. "A hundred notches above the way you did." Before I can process my actions, my hands cup Mus' cheeks, and I bring her face closer to mine.

"I loved you more than anything," I whisper. "But you were the one who threw it all away. Now don't you fucking dare lay the blame on me."

"That child would've been conceived through rape." Mus spits, her hands wrapping around mine. "Is that how you wanted your family to begin?"

"I didn't even have a say," I let go of her. "I wish I had never bought you; my life would still be normal."

"Harry, pardon me, but I'm not the one who has been stuck over one matter for 3 years now."

"Don't - "

"That kid was a part of me, Harry. I lost him, too." For a second Mus' face contorts in pain, and then she wipes the expression off her face, and flicks her hair back. "But that's the past, and as for the present, I am planning on enjoying a date, without a resentful ex bothering me. Goodbye." Turning on her heels, Mus heads back towards the restaurant. I watch her leave me, as the door opens and she steps in.

Heartless, is what people like her are called.