Twenty

A/N: Hi, ya'll! I have made a slight change to Sold, I have changed Harry's sisters names. The younger one is now May, and the older one is Caylee - these just seemed more suitable and interesting ;) Happy reading!

Harry's POV

Mus is displaying an assortment of emotions, as she paces across the room. The index finger of her right hand is currently in danger of losing its nail, as she chews on it as if her life depends on the activity.

"What you're asking of me is not easy," Mus says. I frown, standing up.

"Is it because of me, or for the reason that you've built a life over the years, and now I'm asking you to leave all that behind?" I question, walking towards her. Mus scoffs, looking at me disbelievingly.

"Harry, don't doubt for a second that I don't want to be with you. If we weren't having this serious, life deciding conversation, I would jump you right now and make for the bed." Mus' gaze travels toward my lips for just a second, before she sucks in a sharp breath and turns around.

"So it's the latter?" I probe further, placing my hands on Mus' shoulders. She leans her back into my front, and allows me to wrap my arms around her.

"I don't want to come back to the palace, and wear the coat of my responsibilities once more." Mus places her head on my shoulder, eyes shut. She sighs, and opens them, gazing straight into my eyes. "I love you and I didn't stop doing so for even a second, but I just can't go back to that life."

"Mus, please," I plead. "For me. For us." I'm ready to get down on my knees and beg her for all I care. "Look, you and I will work out a plan together to steal the reins from my father. Come on, you've got to admit, we make a pretty good team." I crack a half-smile. Mus smiles, nodding her head. "Is that a yes?" I ask hopefully. Pursing her lips, she steps away from me and turns around.

"I-I," Mus shrugs.

"Maybe this'll help." I whisper, taking a step towards her and cupping her cheeks with my palms. I crash my lips against hers, savoring the taste of them. Good Lord, have I missed this feeling!

Luckily for me, Mus responds and together - lips still attached - we make our way towards the bed, and land on the mattress with a thud. Grinning, I lower myself on top of her, and entangle my fingers with hers.
*******

For the first time in about three years, I wake up with a smile adorning my lips; a new hope burning in me for the hours to come.

Mus is laying on her front, half her body weight on me. My arm is wrapped around her bare back, her slow breaths bringing relief flooding into me. I'll convince her, I tell myself. Together we'll combat anything, even our parents and the kingdom that will be ours in the future.

"I love you," I murmur.

"Me too." Mus whispers, popping open an eyelid, a mischievous smile lining her lips. Grinning, I press a kiss to her forehead.

"Good morning, love." I say, wrapping my other arm around her as well. She shuts her eyes, sighing.

"I agree, it is a good morning." A knock at the door startles us. Groaning, Mus sits up and then falls back onto the mattress, face first.

"I'm assuming that I should answer that," I say.

"Yup," Mus' muffled voice replies. I get off the bed, grabbing a shirt on the way. Once I have some form of clothing on my body, I open the door a crack, and peer through the gap at the man who is standing outside.

"Your Highness, the King has called upon Her Highness and yourself for breakfast." The man says, his head bowed in respect.

"Thank you. Tell him we'll be there in half an hour," I say, and shut the door. Turning around, I huff. "Your father is a pain." Mus stands up as well, her naked state awakening feelings in me that I don't have time for right now.