Thirty-Five

A/N: Double update again!!!
"Call that bastard up and tell him to take the payment back!" Harry yells, entering the room and slamming the door shut behind him. I'm taken aback by his sudden rage.

"Shh," I say, nodding towards our child who's breastfeeding at the moment. "She's almost asleep." Harry frowns and comes over towards the bed, seating himself on the stool beside it.

"Klaus paid your hospital bill," Harry whispers, calmly this time. "We don't need his charity. Call him, tell him to take it back because I'll be paying all the expenses." Wow, Klaus paid the bill. I shake my head in disbelief at his generosity. The guy needs to be more selfish.

"I'm kinda busy right now," I say, trying my level best to keep from exploding on Harry once more. "But I'll call him up later." Honestly, I'm not sure if I really want to, because this paid bill might be a huge favor, but it sure as hell will decrease the burden on me. I've also got to focus on my babe now and that means less work hours. Harry's earning is already little to nothing, and so he is definitely not my support column.

"How's she doing?" Harry asks, smiling at our daughter.

"Good," I reply. "Although I'm the one who did undergo a major surgery," I comment sarcastically. Harry stands up and offers me a peck on the forehead. He walks around the bed and goes over towards the presents that Klaus left behind.

"Klaus, I'm assuming," Harry says.

"Yeah," I murmur. "Harry, I want to talk to you." My husband turns around, looking at me expectantly.

"Sure, go ahead." He passes his hand over the teddy bear, completely at ease. This will not be his condition once we're done discussing.

"Harry, lately we've been at..." I trail off, unsure of which word to use. "At odds. I mean, it's rare that we don't argue, or agree upon something." Harry turns around to face me, understanding the solemnity of the situation. "And this continuous arguing, and back forth is really burning me out. I'm sorry, but I don't know how long I can continue this for."

"Mus, I-I don't understand," Harry says.

"I think we need a break from each other," I blurt out. The second the words are out of my mouth, I divert my gaze towards my child because eye contact with Harry will not be easy from here on out.

"A break? I don't...Where's this coming from, Mus?" Harry says, the bed dipping beside me.

"Harry, you can't deny the fact that it's been hell living with each other. I've been trying really hard to keep up with your mood swings, the denial and both our tempers, but enough is enough. I want all of this to come to a stop so that I can start living in peace once more. Especially now that I have a child," I nod towards our daughter.

"Mus," Harry whispers my name as if he doesn't have the energy to say it in a normal tone. "Are we b-breaking up?" This is it. This is what will decide our futures.

"Yeah," I say. "We are."