Thirteen

The press is here. Bodyguards. Palace attendants. Everyone! Including Ashley, unfortunately.

Harry is being discharged today and I have no clue how the media found out about his whereabouts, or how the others found out. Maybe he called them since he's leaving tonight. However, due to all that commotion, I've been unable to catch a glimpse of him since morning. All I've been doing is reading in the waiting room, drinking coffee and heading to the bathroom whenever the coffee cups pile up on my bladder.

Dean's father is in the city today, so he's busy attending to him, and keeping him company. I'm glad in a way, because I don't have to keep defending my actions every other second. I just wish I get the chance to see Harry once before he's gone back for good.

The waiting room door opens and in walks Ashley. She places her hands on her hips and narrows her eyes at me.

"I thought we were friends," Ashley says. She strides over to the couch beside mine, and takes a seat, smoothing down her dress. "By the way, those glasses are the height of geeky."

"Nobody asked you, and I happen to like them, thank you very much." I say, smiling at her sweetly. I dropped one of my contacts in the hospital washroom, and so I had to whip out my trusty glasses.

"Since when is your eyesight weak, though?" Ashley asks, toying around with her freshly manicured nails.

"Since a year." I reply, hoping the curt tone of my voice will give her the message that I do not wish to converse with her.

"Harry demands your presence in the room," Ashley announces. I look up from the book in hand, and arch an eyebrow.

"Demands?" I scoff. "Oh honey, he's mistaken if he thinks he can order me around."

"He said please," Ashley purses her lips. "Quite personally, I thought he didn't even know the meaning of that word."

I do want to see Harry, and so I stand up, grabbing my purse. There are somethings I'd like to say to him. Suddenly, the waiting room door opens, and in walks a woman. An infant is wrapped in her arms in a bundle of warm blankets.

"Your Highness, she was crying." The woman says, striding over towards Ashley. I stop mid-stride and stare as the woman crouches down in front of Ashley.

"Kill me," Ashley huffs. She takes the child though, and begins to sway it.

"Um...who," I struggle to use the right words. "W-Whose child is that?" Ashley looks up at me with a pout.

"Unfortunately ours, Harry and mine, I mean." She rolls her eyes. "This was a big mistake, trust me." I take a step back, stumbling as I do so. "Be careful!" Ashley exclaims.

I...I don't...

I can't face Harry after this discovery. He has a family now. I don't care if he doesn't feel anything towards Ashley, but a child changes everything. That innocent soul is his responsibility and I cannot steal...I cannot intrude in any manner.

"Bye," I murmur, turning around. I'll go meet Harry, say goodbye, and leave. That's all I've got to say to him now.
*******

The guards at the entrance to Harry's room go in and announce my coming when I halt in front of it. They step back out, holding the door open for me. I nod as a thanks, and step in.

Harry is seated on the chair near the window, facing me. His expression is stern and devoid of any real emotions.

"You wanted to speak with me," I say. "Quick, I don't have much time."

"Don't worry, I'm not a fan of lengthy goodbyes," Harry assures me. "So it'll be short." Something inside of me sinks at the knowledge that Harry only wants to say goodbye to me, and nothing else. However, then the thought of his child enters my mind, and I smile.

"Before anything else, I'd like to congratulate you." I genuinely mean it. After all, he is giving a child a home. What more good can one do? Harry furrows his brow, seeming confused.

"On what? Getting discharged?"

"On your child," I say matter-of-factly. "Provide her with a good home, and please don't become your father." Harry's face falls and he stands up.

"What're you going on about?" Harry questions, his tone borderline panicky. "I-I don't have any knowledge of a child."

"Come on, don't play around." I let out a bark of laughter. "I just saw Ashley with your babe." Harry's eyes widen and he strides over toward me, grabbing hold of my forearms.

"Please tell me this is some sick joke of yours, because I'm not laughing." Harry has definitely crossed over into panic-mode.

"Don't touch me," I wriggle out of his hold. "Look, you have a child, Harry and that's not something you should forget so easily."

"Where exactly did you see Ashley, and my supposed child?" Harry asks, glancing behind me, as if she'll walk in any moment now.

"In the waiting room. I should leave, by the way. These starting few days are very important, and so you should spend every other second with your kid. Congrats again, and goodbye, Harry." I turn around. Harry grabs hold of my hand.

"I've never told you this before, Mus." Harry says, as I turn around. "But I want to thank you for some of the best months of my life." I stare at him for a few extra seconds and then realize my mistake. Clearing my throat, I nod at him and head out.

The second I leave the room, I break into a run. I believed that I would hate Harry for the rest of my life, but that's a very hard task to carry through on. It's also a task that my heart doesn't want to continue on with.

I step out in the parking lot, and place a shaking hand in front of my mouth. All this self control is truly getting the best of me.

"Fuck!" I let out a scream.