Eight

"I'm leaving, okay?" I yell across the hall, as I grab my bag and car key.

"Yeah, goodbye!" Dean yells back. "See ya tomorrow morning."

"See ya," I mumble. Today is going to be one heck of a drive, I think, as I exit the house. I need to deliver a wedding gown, and ten bridesmaids dresses to a farm, which is a 7 hour drive from here. Dean knows I might just crash at a motel for the night, and return tomorrow.

Once I'm in the car, I turn the music up and speed out of the driveway. Last night's events haven't stopped playing in my head. All I harbor right now for Harry is utter frustration. After a while, I pull onto the freeway and lower the windows. Nothing beats the freedom I feel when the wind whips my hair back and forth.

Out of the blue, a car speeds up beside mine. It moves in front of my car, and then shifts back to the side. I frown, wondering what the heck is wrong with the driver? He repeats the same actions once more, making me honk at him. However, his shenanigans don't end. Okay, well, two can play the game.

I increase my speed and catch a lead on him. However, he does the same and begins to shift from side to side once more. Annoyed, I decrease my speed, and swerve to the left, just as he moves to the right. The jerk decreases his speed as well, but this time when he tries to cut in front of me and change sides, I swerve towards him - missing his car by inches. It was a risk, but definitely worth it.

As far as I can tell, my daring act has scared the driver, as he decreases his speed and falls behind my car. I smile to myself triumphantly, as I speed up. The driver changes lanes behind my car, and then increases his speed to catch up to me. This time, he swerves toward me. Instantly, I hit the brakes and fall behind.

The car keeps gliding towards the side. My eyes widen, as I realize that the driver has lost control of the car. It bangs into the side of the freeway, and circles - dust blowing up into the air because of the pressure on the tires are exerting on the road. I hit the brakes and watch as the car continuously circles, until its tail end hits another car in front and flips over, because of the sudden impact.

I grip the steering wheel tightly, my knuckles white. What just happened? For a few minutes, I'm unable to function, as I watch smoke rise upwards from the bonnet of the car. Then, I snap back into reality, and hastily get out of the car. On the way out, I grab my phone and dial 911.

While running, I relay all the information to them and then shut the phone, and shove it into my pocket. I crouch down beside the passenger side, as the driver's side is against the side of the freeway. Since the windows are tinted, I can't see anything that's going on inside. I open the door, and snake my head inside.

A gasp escapes my lips, as my eyes land on the driver.

"Harry," I exclaim, reaching out towards him. His face and teeth are covered in blood. "God, no." I mumble. To be honest, I have no idea whatsoever, of how to help him out. I can't reach him from the other side and I most definitely cannot and will not try to pull him out through here.

"Just hold on, the paramedics are on their way." Harry's eyelids are half shut, and a moan escapes his lips. I grab hold of his hand and begin to murmur reassurances, as we await the paramedics. I don't know how long it has been, but after what feels like an hour, I can hear sirens. Hands take hold of my arms, and pull me backwards.

"Ma'am, you need to stay here." A woman says to me, as I struggle against her grip to get back towards the car.

"No! No," I yell. "I need to be with my husband."

"We'll allow you to drive with us in the ambulance, just please wait here while we pull him out." She barks out some orders toward someone, and then a male nurse comes and takes a stand in front of me, blocking my view of the car. He keeps asking me questions about my well-being, and about what happened, but I seal my lips and try to see what's happening near the car.

Finally, he steps away from in front of me, and guides me toward the ambulance. I rush into it, and seat myself beside the stretcher that Harry is lying on. His teeth are still covered in blood, and now it's also dripping down his neck. A nurse takes his head in her lap, and hands another a cloth. As they wipe the blood, I cannot seem to bring myself to do anything other than stare.

This is all my fault, I think. If I would've shown indifference to his antics, Harry wouldn't be strapped down in this manner. A tear slips out of my eye, and lands on his hand. I wipe it off, just as a sob escapes my lips. I clamp my hand over my mouth.

This is all my fault! Harry could...he could die because of me. What have I done?

A/N: I know, I'm horrible and I'm so, so, so, so sorry for it. I want to apologize sincerely for the late update, it's just that a lot of things began to happen all of a sudden. But I will try my best to not allow this sort of thing to happen again, and hopefully, I'll be able to pen down another chapter today. Once again, I'm sorry ya'll. :)