Twenty-Four

A/N: This chp is for @hazzlebitch who is ready to murder me for a chp ;)

"So, you're saying that I should be happy?" I ask Dean, raising my eyebrows. "But what if I'm feeling tensed, and concerned about the upcoming future?"

"Well, your baby daddy is on his way." Dean reminds me, smiling. "And I'm here, the best uncle in the world. I don't think you have any reason to be concerned."

"I'm carrying the future heirs to the throne. Yeah, sure, no worries." Dean lets out a laugh, getting off the chair, and coming over to the sofa. He takes a seat beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Harry has got to learn how to use a condom, though. I can give him lessons," Dean winks at me, grinning. Chuckling, I smack his upper arm.

"Condoms only work 97% of the time. We learnt that on Friends, remember?" Dean nods solemnly.

"You know what?" He suddenly exclaims, standing up. "I'm going to make a 100% condom. Yup, that's my life's mission now." He pumps his fist in the air, looking like a true man on a mission. I laugh just as the doorbell rings, interrupting Dean's little show.

Huffing, my best friend rolls his eyes and goes to answer the door. I divert my attention to the television, browsing through romantic titles on Netflix.

"Hi." I look towards the doorway to find Harry standing in it, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Hey." I say, standing up. We both stand in our given positions awkwardly, unsure what to do next. Dean comes up behind Harry, his eyes traveling from Harry to me.

"What, we're just gonna stand here and stare? Come on, you guys are having a baby! The least you can do is hug," Dean says, breaking the ice. Smiling, Harry comes over to me and embraces me. I wrap my arms around him, placing my head on his shoulder.

"Congrats to us." He whispers in my ear. I smile, nodding.

"Yeah, although the timing..." I trail off, unsure if I should think out loud.

"The timing's not important. Just please don't make any rash decisions again." Harry's tone is borderline begging.

"I won't," I promise. "This time we're in this together." I pull back, taking a seat on the couch. I pat the seat beside me, gesturing for Harry to sit down. He obliges, just as I catch Dean silently slipping away.

"When'd you find out?" Harry asks, staring at the television screen.

"Well, I was in doubt when I was late, and I got sick a bit. But I didn't take the test until today morning. I swear I called you fifteen minutes after I found out," I say. Harry scoots closer to me, placing his hands over mine.

"You don't have to explain yourself for anything. I was just asking," Harry shrugs. "I-I...Is it wrong of me to feel euphoric? Should I feel that? I'm going to be a dad," he chuckles nervously. I let out a bark of laughter.

"I'm pretty sure you're allowed to feel that, and yeah, we're going to be parents. Harry, this is the time when we'll be responsible for another life." I moisten my lips, nerves kicking in. "What if we suck at parenting? I-I mean our experiences are not that great, you know?" I frown, gulping.

"Hey, we'll be fine," Harry reassures me. "Let's just not do anything that our parents did. I'll be the good cop and you can be the bad cop."

"Excuse me? Why do I have to play the role of the villain?" I ask, laughing.

"Because I am incapable of enforcing rules on an innocent child. I'll play with him, feed him, change him." I raise my eyebrows, smiling disbelievingly. "Oh yeah, I'll do the dirty work as well. And when you scold him, I'll be the shoulder he cries on. Also, you're going to have be strict about his education, because babe, that isn't up my alley."

"Okay, let me get one thing straight. You get to have all the fun, while I act like Cinderella's step-mother?" I question, smiling. Harry nods, grinning.

"Sounds about right," he says. Shaking my head, I grab a pillow and begin to hit Harry with it. Our laughs echo around the room, as I climb on top of my husband, still beating him up with the pillow.

"I think pregnancy has brought out a mischievous streak in you, M'lady." Harry teases, lowering me onto the couch. He climbs on top of me, his hands brushing away strands of hair from my face.

"Wasn't once enough, guys? Are you seriously at it again?" Dean asks, entering the lounge. "Do I have to remind you what happened the last time this activity was performed?" I chuck the pillow at him, giggles escaping my throat.

Harry and Dean fall into a meaningless, light-hearted quarrel. It's so easy to fall into the flow of happiness with Harry around. If I could define happiness, I'd say Harry. As I watch the two of them it doesn't feel as if Harry and I haven't met for months. Heck, it doesn't even feel like we ever ended our relationship because we desire two completely different things from life.

Alas, this isn't reality. Reality is what will hit us when we have to decide the future of our babe. Reality is the brick that will smack our brains when we realize that a Royal heir cannot live in my world because the world is far too dangerous. Reality is the wall I'll collide against when I realize that my world will be changing.
*******

"I sleep on the right, so you take the left." I say, placing Harry's pillow beside mine.

"Okay," he says. "Nice room." Harry's fingers brush against the large Mickey Mouse that sits in a corner of my room with Barney. "But isn't it...too small?" He turns around, looking at me unsurely.

"No, it's cozy and perfect for me." I smile, truly meaning my words. Harry offers me an amused smile and seats himself beside me.

"Mus, we've gotta talk." Harry says, intertwining his fingers.

"Yeah, about the baby I'm assuming." He nods. "Do you want to go first, or shall I?"

"Ladies first," Harry motions for me to begin.

"Firstly, I understand that our child cannot grow up in my world." Harry looks at me, surprised. "What?" I ask, letting out a low chuckle.

"Honestly, I thought that I'd have to battle you on that point." He grins. "But once again, you've not failed to impress me."

"Hey, I'm sensible enough to realize that your heir cannot be a part of the common world. It's too dangerous," I say.

"Yeah, absolutely." Harry agrees, nodding his head solemnly, deep in thought. "But how will we..." He trails off.

"How will we make the arrangements then?" I question, raising my eyebrows. "Because I don't want to come back, and you don't want to abdicate." I sigh. "Yeah, that's where I'm reaching a dead end," I continue.

"The only way out is that you come back, and provide a safe haven for our baby and yourself. Because as far as he is in there," Harry's gaze travels to my stomach, "you're equally unsafe."

Going back was never an option for me, because now if I do, I'll be required to take on my responsibilities; and be the leader of thousands of unsuspecting people.

"Mus, I know you don't want to do it." Harry says understandingly, moving closer to me. "But you've got to think about yourself first, and then him. And right now, your safety is compromised. Look, all I ask is that you come live with me, and other than that I won't ask you for anything regarding the country."

"I need some time to think it through," I say, getting off the bed. "I'm going out for a while."

"I can go, and you stay." Harry says, standing up as well.

"No, I-I need to go outside the house. Go to bed, Harry, it's late." I exit my room, shutting the door behind me. Dean is in the lounge, watching tv. As I pass by him, he gets up and comes over to me with his jacket in hand.

"It's getting cold outside." Dean says, placing it around my shoulders. "Don't walk too far."