A life before Berk

Years past and as Astrid grew up her insanity grew as well. She didn't notice but her parents and siblings did.
Her and Jordan, her brother, played a lot. They played who can win in an axe throwing competition and who could annoy their sister, Mindy, the most.  But Astrid and Melanie really got along. They played pranks, talked bullshit to their dad most of the time and they wouldn't be separated.

One day, the sun was shining over the peaceful nation, the Hoffersons decided to see their family and friends on Crescent Island. The kids played while the adults had a well deserved rest.

Suddenly, a warning from the horn. Three of the western tribes were attacking, the Bog Burglars, the Blood drippers and the Outcasts. Chaos ran through the village as the men sharpened they're weapons and the woman took the children to a safe space.
When the boats landed, the men ran off them and started swinging their swords and axes at the Northeners.
One of the men got Francis against a brick wall with a sword at his neck.
"Any last words?" he asked cheekily as Ariel came into sight with a look of fear.
"Ariel, stay there!" Francis shouted.
The sword went up into the air and as it swung down Ariel pushed Francis out of the way, letting her take the blade to the chest.
"Look after the kids..." she said as she fell on the ground with the blood dripping down the wall that was behind her.
Francis was devastated and Astrid was horrified as she snuck away and watched her own mother's death.
One of intruders snuck up behind Astrid and stabbed her in the back. She screamed. Francis ran over and stuck his axe into the intruder's head, splitting the skull open.
Astrid passed out from blood loss.

A week later

Astrid woke up on Hofferson Isle feeling restless. She looked around her. All she could see was her and Melanie's room.

"Where am I? What happened? Where's mummy?" she confusedly asked as Francis walked in.
"Astrid, you're in your room, you got stabbed in the back and he's gone, sweetie," he said depressed as tears ran down her face.
"Where's Mel?"
"With Finn." he sighed. "Astrid, I want you to go with Finn to the South and stay on Berk."
"Why?"
"Because I don't want to loose you as well."
"Okay Daddy, I'll go," she said still crying.
"There's my girl. Your things are packed. You leave in three days time."