Hiccup's proposal

March 21st

Berk

Astrid walked into the arena to find Hiccup and Snotlout. Hiccup looked stressed and Snotlout was laughing and making fun of him.

"What's going on?" she asked.
"Astrid. Hi, Astrid, hi, Astrid, hi, Astrid," Hiccup repeated.
"Busted," Snotlout chimed.
"Busted? Hiccup, what's he talking about?"
"Well, Astrid, we were just talking about you," Hiccup explained.
"You better have been talking about the good things."
"We were and I was just saying that we need some time to talk about the unspoken thing," Hiccup continued.
"What unspoken thing?"
"I'll leave you two alone," Snotlout said walking out.
"Hiccup, what's going on?" Astrid impatiently asked.
"Alright I'm going to cut right to the chase. Astrid, I've been thinking and I like you a lot. So I was thinking about going out sometime. Just you and me," Hiccup said quietly and awkwardly.

A look of shock found it's way onto her face as she stared at him blankly. She sighed.

"Hiccup, I'm sorry. I don't like you in that way. But we can still be friends right?" Astrid said trying to let him down gently.
"Yeah we can still be friends," he said depressed.
"See ya around," Astrid said playfully punching him on the arm.
"Bye."

She walked out. Fishlegs walked in confused. He looked at the door them looked at Hiccup who had fallen to his knees. He sat beside him.

"Is everything alright?" Fishlegs asked.
"I just got turned down by the prettiest girl on the island," Hiccup replied.