Chapter 19: We Can Only Hope

wHoA! Over 1K views... Thank you guys so much! Especially the people who've continued reading until now rather than giving up on me after the first chapter, it really means a lot!

And also, Gwen and Gardenia are both kinda like me, but more of my fangirly side lol

Rose's Pov

Rather than waiting until the weekend for the sleepover we agreed to just have it tonight at Cinderella Castle! Though I was, and am a bit confused on why Astoria wanted to hang out.

"So Rose, how have you been?" LingLing asked, I quickly gave her a puzzled look as I replied.

"I've been fine, why?" I said.

"Well, you've been a bit out of it since Sunday-well... Actually... Ever since Hawk said him and his sister were going to be forced into a marriage," Astoria replied.

"Oh... Well... I'm okay, I guess," I said, and all three of my friends gave me a look of concern.

"Do... You like him?" Joy asked, looking at me intently.

"Like... Who?" I questioned, pretending to play dumb as I tried not to blush.

"Hawk. Do you like Hawk," Joy corrected, I began chuckling nervously.

"Heheh, a-as a friend, r-right?" I stammered as my cheeks heated up, all three of the girls shook their heads in response.

"No, like, more than a friend," Joy said, I hesitated as I looked down at the ground as I thought about it, I know I care for him as more than a friend, it's just... I don't want to tell myself I l...love him if there's a chance he's going to be married before I can say anything, then again, she did just ask if I like him as more than a friend... Oh boy, I'm overthinking this.

"Well... um.... Yes" I replied, LingLing, Astoria, and Joy all exchanged a look, which, was unreadable.

"Well anyway, what should we do first?" LingLing asked, obviously attempting to change the subject, I paused as I thought a moment.

"Maybe we could play a game? like a card game, or a board game?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure," Astoria said.

Troy's Pov

I stared at the two girls in shock

"A... You're... kidding... right...?" I questioned in disbelief, they both shook their head no, I slowly looked over at Sholton with wide-eyes.

"But... wh..." I began, but I stopped myself, as, I have no idea what to say.

"Well then, since you seem a bit... dazed, we wanted to tell you that well, we were planning on getting Shasha out of the arranged marriage, at least, we were planning on doing so if you did like her back, and, since you do, how would you like to go on a date with her Friday evening?" Gardenia said, I blinked a couple times.

"What?! But-that's just in two days! Like... The day after tomorrow!" I exclaimed, Gwen rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but it would be better if it was before the weekend, I mean didn't you hear? The wedding is supposed to be this next Sunday," Gwen said, my eyes widened in shock, I felt my heart drop as she said that.

"You're kidding!" I shouted then the two girls smirked as they exchanged a glance.

"Yeah, well, mostly, the thing is, Shasha and Sholton were supposed to be married on Sunday but after you blurting out that you were dating Shasha, Sholton kept making excuses to put it off, so, our grandparents are putting it off, meanwhile, Hawk and Ellanore aren't getting married on Sunday because apparently, Hawk has been a bit like a moody teenager," Gwen explained, my heart skipped a beat in surprise and I looked over at Sholton.

"You... You did?" I said slowly, not really sure how to respond, I was honestly getting a bit emotional.

"Um.... Yeah..." Sholton said.

"That's... That's really cool of you, Sholton..." I said, not really sure what to do, part of me wanted to tackle him into a hug and another part of me wanted to just cry, but then the other part of me was well, kinda paralyzed.

"So Troy, are you or are you not up for the date on Friday?" Gwen asked, I looked at her again and smirked.

"Oh, yeah, I am, and I am gonna do whatever I can to make sure she won't have to be married, granted, the guy she's marrying is probably the coolest guy ever, but I mean... if she doesn't like him then, yeah, but, how will the date help out?" I replied, when suddenly I realized Sholton had an expression that looked very touched (A/N I don't understand why I'm getting so emotional over this friendship, I'm finding it adorable and I keep tearing up, so if I'm writing this to be too sappy, well, blame my emotions)

"Ah, well I'm glad you asked Troy, the thing is, even if Professor Snow White gives off the appearance of a strict mean old lady, she has a thing for true love, like legit, nothing beats true love. Pretty ironic huh? The lady who tries to marry off her grandson... A lover of love, but if you and Shasha grow to like each other enough to the point where you could say you love each other without a second guess or at least make it convincing, then, Shasha could get out of the marriage, granted, there is a possibility she'd be forced to marry you instead, hence why we didn't just grab some random dude," Gwen said

"Right... Right-WAIT WHAT!? MARRIAGE!?" I shouted, feeling my face heat up like a tomato... or something.

"Well yeah, and you like her, she happens to like you, which is surprising, granted she only has a teensy crush on you, like, the type of crush where you look at someone and you're like..." Gwen began, and then cleared her throat and did a high pitched girly voice.

"Man, that person is pretty cool, I wish I was their friend, maybe even more, oh I dunno." Gwen finished, and then she cleared her throat again, seeming to adjust back to her normal voice.

"Right... Right... Well... I'll just... It's kinda late right now so I'll just head home... bye... guys, see you at school tomorrow..." I said as I walked towards the door

Oh boy, what kind of fairytale is this? It's getting REALLY weird.

Gardenia Dancer's Pov

"Hey, Sholton?" I said after Troy left, looking over at my brother.

"Yeah?" Sholton said as he looked at me.

"Well... You... really are a nice guy..." I said with a bit of a sad smile, he looked away slowly.

"Not really..." He said slowly, I hesitated a moment and put my hand on his shoulder.

"No, you are... You have the girl of your dreams in your grasp and yet you do what you feel is best and you try to give her happiness, when you thought someone else was already her boyfriend, you befriended him, and even when you know they were never a couple in any way to begin with, you still help them, even though the little bit of obligation is no longer there," I said, Sholton looked at me and smiled.

"But hey, Troy is pretty great, he deserves a chance to be with Shasha, and, Gardenia, thanks for comforting me," Sholton said, I quickly embraced him into a hug.

"Right, so, let's continue with this plan! Sneak into Snow White Castle, get Shasha ready, physically and mentally, for the Friday date!" Gwen exclaimed, causing me to groaned a bit in annoyance.

"Ruining the moment, Gwen," Sholton said, which caused me to smirk.

"Precisely what I was thinking, Sholton," I mumbled, and he chuckled.

YEYY! I UPDATED AGAINNN! I swear, I'd update daily if I wasn't so determined to make each chapter over 1K xD