Chapter 26: Tired

Lol, whoops, I may or may not have forgotten about this story, and maybe about Wattpad as a whole, thank goodness someone reminded me of it on one of my YouTube videos XD

Rose's Pov

I slowly opened my eyes to see the curtains opened and a small bird sitting on a tree branch singing a lovely tune, and least it would be lovely if I wasn't so drained. I threw my blankets off of me into the floor and practically slid out of bed, I have no idea what time it is and I don't particularly care either, I walked over to the bathroom and brushed my hair when suddenly I smelled the scent of bacon and eggs, I quickly pulled my hair up into a ponytail and slid on a T-Shirt and blue skinny jeans and flats. I walked downstairs and saw my mom making breakfast while Troy was talking to my dad about various facts about science or something.

"Oh! Good morning Rose, did you sleep well?" I was a bit startled at the sound of my mom's voice since I was somewhat zoning out. I thought about her question a moment before I replied.

"Not really, I had a hard time falling asleep," I said as I took a seat by the kitchen island.

"So why didn't you sleep in?" My mom asked curiously, I do generally sleep in on weekends so it's understandable.

"I think I forgot to close my curtains last night so the light woke me up, plus there was a really loud bird outside," I replied.

"Ah," Our conversation ended there, so I decided to try and get some more sleep until I'm called down for breakfast, by the time I walked in my room I saw my phone vibrating and lit up, it stopped and I went to check what it was. 6 missed calls from Ellanore Dancer... What?

BZZ!

The sudden start of my phone vibrating again made me jump, throwing it out of my hands and catching it, I quickly tapped the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hel-"

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED!" Ellanore shouted through the phone, causing me to hold it farther away, I waited for her to finally stop yelling at me before I put it back to my ear.

"Um... Whats going on?" I said hesitantly.

"You have to come here now!" Ellanore exclaimed.

"Where? Why?" I replied, feeling the panic Ellanore is expressing through her tone of voice. Her side was silent for a moment before I decided to speak again.

"Does this have something to do with Hawk?" I said and I heard crying in the background, only making me panic more.

"E-Ellanore, are you okay?" I asked.

"You have to do something... The marriage..." Ellanore began signs of crying clear in her voice.

"What... What happened..." I said, sounding breathless.

Hawk's Pov, an hour earlier

"Hawk" I looked over at my grandmother with an annoyed expression.

"What?" I snapped, she scowled as she stood up from her chair

"What is with this behavior!" She shouted, making me flinch slightly, I was expecting this, too bad I didn't come up with any comebacks for when this did happen, so I just hardened my glare.

"You've been sneaking out of the castle, Hawk," she said. Guess she found out.

"So what?" I said.

"Hawk, honestly! Your grades have been going down, you now have dreadful manners, and you already reject all the princesses I suggest... You can't possibly think you can get away with skipping classes as well and sneaking out of the castle!" My grandmother yelled, obviously furious. And I was silent.

"If you're doing this to get out of the marriage, it won't work," She said sternly, I immediately looked up at her, my eyes widened.

"Wh-What?" I stammered.

"That's the reason you're doing this, am I wrong?" She said and I grew silent again.

"I knew it..." My grandmother said and she sighed, sounding annoyed.

"You'll marry Ellanore tomorrow as we planned originally, there will be no use for you to keep up your behavior, it will do nothing," 

"Wh-"

"I will hear none of it. Now catch up on your school assignments," She said and walked away.

What the hell... something is seriously wrong with this woman.

(A/N) Whelp, considering that was under 800 words I covered a decent amount, I could continue this chapter, but it seems like a good place to end, I'll probably update soon anyway