Happy Happy

Max stared up in shock at the blond man before him. Daniel seemed equally surprised, and clearly slightly panicked. "Why hello Max! Why are you in town, shouldn't you be back at camp?" His blue eyes darted around as if searching for an escape route.

"Actually, we're here for you." Said Neil, gesturing to Daniel. "Well, we came for David's boyfriend but that's you so..." Nikki added, shrugging. This didn't seem to bother her as much as it did Max and Neil.

However Max was sort of losing it. "So David's been dating you for the past few weeks and he didn't tell us?! What the hell! I thought that David overshares way too much, how'd he keep you a secret?!"

Daniel looked unimpressed, leaning against the outer wall of the café with a raised eyebrow. "I assume it was you who texted me then? I answer your question with another, why the fuck do you wanna talk to me so badly?"

Neil finally stepped up to the plate. "David's been acting awful suspicious, and he won't tell us what's going on. We thought that if we talked to his boyfriend we could get a clearer picture of what's going on."

"Yea but it turns out the fucking moron went out with you! I mean seriously, does it not register that you probably wanna fucking kill him?!" Interjected Max, glowering at Daniel with all the hatred his little ten year old body could muster up.

The cultist rolled his eyes, but his body visibly tensed. "I'm not going to kill David, or anyone for that matter. Frankly, David scares me sometimes." He didn't seem to acknowledge the confusion and slight fear that followed his statement.

Max, Nikki, and Neil stared. "Afraid? Why? David's not scary." Nikki said, bewildered. "David wouldn't hurt a fly!" Added Neil, skeptical at best of Daniel's words.

The blond let out a short, barking laugh that startled the children. "Oh you kids have no idea do you? Well, I'll tell ya something, David's strong enough to pick me up and throw me like a ragdoll, I'd watch myself if I were you."

Somehow, hearing those words from the mouth of someone as dangerous as Daniel struck a chord with Nikki, Neil, and especially Max.

"What the fuck do you mean? What do you know?!" Max spat, stepping towards Daniel with hatred burning inside him. "I'm not saying anything. You're gonna have to figure that out for yourselves."

Max was about to protest, but he saw the way Daniel's eyes darkened, and how he started to tower over Max. It once again occured to the boy that Daniel was a murderer, and could easily end his life.

"Listen, just go back to camp and stop worrying about David. It'll do you some good." Daniel finally said, waving them off. "Wait." Nikki said. All eyes fell on her, but her focus was on the cultist. "I have just one question. Did David hurt someone?"

The boldness of her statement seemed to catch even Daniel off guard, and he looked at her in surprise. However he quickly found himself again and smiled. It was sickening and much too wide, like a chesire cat. "No. No he did not." And anyone could tell he was telling the truth.

"Now kiddos, since you've so kindly lured me to a false date to talk about David behind my back, I think it's only fitting that you are disciplined, don't you agree~?" His smile turned into a grin, bleach white teeth and pink gums filling the vision of the kids.

Max started to step back, all three were ready to run. "G-get the fuck away you filthy c-cultist!" Snapped Max, looking like a cornered animal. But Daniel's eyes were on something behind the children, and he waved cheerfully. "Why David, fancy meet you here!"

Nikki was the first to turn around, the other two following suit. Their eyes fell on a very annoyed looking David. "Kids! Really, again you sneak into town? Did you learn nothing last time?"