Chapter 1

"What the heck is this?" Kristoffer scolded his subordinates.

It was a rainy afternoon and he,  together with his subordinates were in his office. He was very upset with the outcome of the research each team has worked for almost two weeks.

The feelings of the subordinates was just like the rain.

It was all falling down and who cares where all raindrops will fall.

Just like the subordinates Kristoffer doesn't care about what they feel at all.

The tension finished when he let the people go back to their workstation.

Outside of his office, employees were chatting about what happened and they were backstabbing him but the thing was even him knew this and still didn't give a crap out of this backstabbing.

Jessica visited the office that day and was surprised when she accidentally heard of the bad words against his man.

She can't blamed them but still she spoke to them about it.

"Eherm! What happened?" as she walked towards the employees.

"Nothing ma'am, It's just that we saw again the demon inside him." an employee answered.

"I'm sorry for what he did." She apologized again for him knowing that if he found about it... he will be mad at her.

"Don't!" a woman with a gray blazer joined the conversation. "It was not you who scolded us and made us feel like we were useless."

"Yes, I didn't but he can't apologize because he don't want to so I'm here filling the position to apologize in behalf of your boss." She always does this for him.

"If you always be like that to him he will never learn his mistakes." the woman answered back and all the employees just had their own gestures which in all leading to agree on what the woman has said to Jessica.

Speechless Jessica just nod without showing her true feelings with what the woman has said to her.

"Sir, Ma'am Jessica is here." the secretary phoned.

"Let her in." Kristoffer replied.

"Hey, I heard what happened. You shouldn't did that." She said with courage.

He glared at her like she stabbed him.

"So? you came here for that?" At last, Kristoffer spoke.

"Kristoff, please! I'm here to visit you but look what I received another misbehavior conflict made by my boyfriend." She's starting to pull the trigger for war. Well, not a war she could win.

"Out." He said silently but she can see that he's really upset.

"I'm just concern with you please don't be mad." She begged as she would like to be understood.

"Get out! you really think I won't. be mad for all the things you just said. You knew I hate to be questioned especially with how I do my work. Now please leave because I really have a lot of work to do and you know why? Because they! the people you were caring for didn't do their job well." He bursted out all of his anger.

Shocked and still Jessica can't believed that he did it again.

Her tears dripped through his cheeks but Kristoff doesn't care and continue to worked with his laptop.

She left and before that she wiped her tears away so that no one can see what she's been going through.

She chose this way of relationship. She loves him very much and only a few people knew the real setting of their relationship. For everyone else they were perfect and you can hear a lot of people say "I envy them." or "I want that kind of relationship. If only they knew what the real score was.

Who would think that they were not a perfect couple? with a perfect relationship. Kristoffer Brand, a very successful man, the best on his field, Rich man with a lot of properties including sports cars and elegant mansions. And has a supermodel girlfriend Jessica Erena, a pretty young woman and with a sexy body. She's an ambassador for Unicef and also has her own charity institution called "Building Tomorrow" which helps different kind of unfortunate people but aside from that she also helped a lot of people including ordinary people, her friends, family and most importantly Kristoffer who doesn't appreciate her help.

They were perfect? Yes! but only with occasions, events and gatherings where many people is attending.

Later that day she received a text.

From: Kristoff

Message: "Hey babe! I'm sorry for today. It was not my day and pressured also. Are you in your house? Can i come?"

She replied.

"Call me."

A few seconds more her phone rung and answered it.

"Hello." She said with a low tone from her voice.

"Hey, still mad at me babe?"

"I guess I'm the one who should say that."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay come here. We need to talk."

"Okay see you later babe."

When Kristoff arrived that night he quickly gave Jessica a hug.

"I'm really sorry." He whispered.

She suddenly felt relieved when he said those words like always.

"Please don't do it again." She was hoping that Kristoff will change his ways and moods.

"Okay babe but please understand me that I'm just doing my work. And you knew me better than anyone else. Okay?" Pleasing her to agree with his own ways.

Then Kristoff pulled Jessica to the sofa.

"Okay but can't you try being nice to them?" she asked.

"Being nice to people sometimes can have a critical result. They could just do whatever they want. And the bad part is that they will abuse you." Explaining his beliefs.

"I think you can do it without giving them much of your kindness."

He laughed. "I don't have it."

"Of course not! You have that but you are just afraid to show it."

He chuckled in an evil way. "I think we should end it there and eat what do you think?"

"Okay. I'll cook" She agreed knowing he was avoiding something.

"No. Let's have a dinner date. Go change your clothes." He disapproved.

She prepared and after a few minutes they were off to the restaurant.

In the car while they were stucked with a red light sign of the stoplight. He held her hand and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"I love you and I'll make this night wonderful for us babe." Gazing at her eyes.