Chapter 9

The next day, He woke up and was still confused.

Then he recalled what his mom told him about efforts with Jessica.

He grabbed his phone and dialed a number.

"Good morning, Sir" His secretary greeted.

"Cancel all my meetings."

"Okay sir."

He took a bath and prepared himself.

He took a deep breath.

"I can do this." He's decided to personally apologized to her.

He went to Jessica's family house, knowing she had dinner with them last night.

He parked outside and Jessica's mother let him in.

In the living room.

"Wait here okay? I'll wake her up."

"No. hmm. I'll wait her to woke up. Don't disturb her sleep." He said as he was concern or he was just nervous.

"Okay, but I'll check on her anyway." she insisted.

"Okay."

After a few minutes. Jessica's mom came back and told him tha she wasn't in her room.

"Honey, who's that?" A man's voice was approaching.

"Honey, Kristoffer is here." She said cheerfully.

"That bastard??!!" The man's voice gone mad.

"Honey! stay calm."

It's Jessica's father and quickly went to him, gave him a punch and bad words.

"You m*therf*cking bastard! you hurt my daughter." He wanted more, more punches and more words for Kristoff but he was stopped by his wife.

"Kristoffer! Go now! I guess, Jessica is now at the foundation." She was referring to the foundation of Jessica: Building Tomorrow.

He went to the foundation and looked for her inside.

He saw children playing, children running and laughing together in the field.

He entered a lobby for old people who was abandoned or no more family that will take care of them.

At that point he can see those old people smile effortlessly. He was envy that particular moment.

"Hi, You know where's Jessica?." He asked a lady who was busy preparing breakfast for the people.

"I saw her a while ago but she went directly towards that way." pointing at the children's reading station.

"Thank you."

He went and he saw an old man sitting alone on a bench outside the field.

Sitting still and by the looks of his face, he was lonely, unlike the other old people inside.

But Kristoffer went on to the children's reading station.

The children were listening to a lady story teller.

"Okay, Children we will have a story session today and after I read the story, you have to share me your idead or ask me a question ok?." She explained.

"Yes, teacher." the children answered.

Kristoffer leaned on a wall to listen for the story.

He smiled at what he was seeing that moment: Children smiling, hugging one another, laughing and learning.