Chapter 8

"Hi mom." As he approached her mom.

"Oh! Hi darling." His mom responded.

"Where's Jessica?" He asked.

"I'm sorry but she texted me that she couldn't make it tonight because her family has a family dinner tonight."

"Yup, I forgot, It's her brother's birthday today."

"Don't you want to have dinner with your mom alone?"

"What kind of question is that? Ofcourse I want to but like I said earlier no more conversation about it." He reminded.

"Okay . Let's order and eat."

"Sure."

After they ate, she ordered another bottle of wine.

"Hey mom, another bottle?" He was curious.

"Yup. Let's bond some more and besides this is our favorite wine."

"Okay, but make sure this is our last because I'll drive later." He reminded.

"Sure, darling." She assured. "Don't you have plans on visiting Jessica?" She asked.

"I have but I don't think if she's ready to talk to me."

"You should go and visit her as soon as possible. Girls, sometimes are just pretending to be mad but in reality, all they want is to have someone go to them and care for them, hug them and kiss them." She described.

"If I have time tomorrow, I would go to her."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes! definitely that's a weird question." He raised his eyebrow.

"Then you should show it to her and make her feel she's being loved by you. All I am seeing now is that you are not putting an effort for your relationship."

"Didn't I?" He questioned.

"Yes. You just let her be mad to you for three days and you're not doing anything about it."

"I texted her already." He found reasons for him.

"Darling, do you think that's enough?"

He sighed. "I admit it's not but you know me I'm not that kind of person."

"No! You are that kind of person. Remember when your father left us and I kept on begging you to forgive him despite of that? We fought but you came back and apologized to me. You made an effort and I know it's your own initiative." She brought the past again.

He sighed again but this time a disappointed type. "You are going to start again aren't you?"

"I talked to her and She told me everything. She knew you more than I am and she told me that you are hurting inside. Please son, learn to let go before it's too late."

"I think it's better if I would just stay out of this conversation. I would never tell anything more about that topic and all related topics that concerns with it." He stayed safe.

She drank all the wine in her glass and lifted it.

"You see this wine glass?" showing Kristoff.

Kristoffer doesn't know what his mom was thinking so he just let her continue her talking.

"Yes and what about it?" He pointed a hand to it.

His mom dropped the wine glass on the floor.

He was surprised.

He was shocked.

It was broken.

The pieces scattered on the floor.