Chapter 4

Two days after his mother went to tell him what happened to his brother.

Nothing has changed.

A normal day in the office and a totally isolated world again every single day. His friend was only work.

"Sir, you have a call."

"Who?"

"Miss Jessica."

"Connect her to my line."

and with a few seconds he was talking to her.

"Hello babe! I'm meeting your mom. Would you like to join us for lunch." She asked.

"I'm sorry but I have a lunch meeting for today. Can't make it so you two enjoy yourselves okay?"

"Are you still mad at her?" She asked thinking that he was just making excuses.

"Nope. It's just that I have a meeting. I would like to come but Today's meeting is a big contract to deal with." He explained.

"Okay. well, goodluck with that! I know you can easily get that."

"Sure it is."

"Bye. I love you."

"I love you." then they hung up.

He was in the meeting and was very confident that he will grab the deal easily.

But not that day.

It's unlikely the routine he was having every meeting.

The contract didn't go his way.

"Mr. Brand I don't think It's a good idea what you propose for the employees side."

"It was what I think is the best for the contract."

"No. We can't allow this salary deduction for the partnership."

"I see but think of this we can be able to have a more profit and a less expense for labor which is a win-win situation for us."

"Yes, I understand that this is business but for us business is also our people. And if you remember this people is our manpower and you will just provide the sites and machineries needed. This is a "teamwork" thing which means all the people involve will be given importance and respect. I'm sorry but for this deal to be finalize you should revise your proposal."

"Okay . I understand." But deep inside him was a man who was hateful in losing a deal.

"If you still want this deal be quick with the revision because your rival is also in this battle." He said as he prepared to leave.

"I don't recognize them as a rival." He smiled like a devil.

He was left alone and all he thought was he lost. A word he can't accept and a word which he doesn't met with his past deals are now haunting his head.

If only he knew he was losing. Everyday!

------- -------- --------- ------- ------

On the other side Jessica was waiting for Kristoffer's mother in the mall.

When she saw that her boyfriend's mother was already there she walked to meet her halfway.

"Hi mom." She greeted her and gave her a hug and a cheek to cheek kiss.

"Hi sweetie." She greeted Jessica back.

"Let's go." she invited and they went to a Italian's restaurant.

As they were already seated a waiter came by to get their orders.

"What do you want mom?"

"Just like the last time."