Chapter One: Full of Love<3

Chapter One: Full Of Love<3

"I hate everything!" I declared.

My feet trudged down the sidewalk, kicking every crack and twig in sight.

Who does Kevin think he is- telling me to stop talking?

No one tells me to stop talking.

Everyone knows it doesn't work.

I continued along my path of rage, cursing out every tree, stick, squirrel, and rock I came across. I was mad. No- I was furious.

I paused in my act of stomping to kick a big tree. However, my thin combat boot did little to shield my toes, and a jolt of pain ran up my leg.

"Ow!" I cried, grabbing my foot. "Stupid tree!"

Needless to say, my day was bad.

I stormed along the street, just wanting to get home.

You know, maybe I was thinking about this all wrong. Maybe I just needed to look on the bright side. After a bit of pushing, I managed to place a smile on my face.

Then it began raining.

"NOOOOO," I shouted out in despair. "QUIT IT, SKY!"

Unfortunately, the sky was not interested in my protests.

I huffed, drawing the ends of my black leather jacked across my chest to shield my blouse from the rain, and beginning to walk again.

Rain dropped down the side of my face, matting my wavy brown hair and soaking my jeans.

After a couple minutes, when my anger sizzled out, the rain suddenly stopped.

Then, I heard a noise from behind me.

Crack.

"Gee Willikers!" I exclaimed, startled.

I whipped my head around, narrowing my eyes and scanning the neighborhood. I couldn't see anyone. Yet, I had a nagging feeling that I was being followed.

And whenever people in books feel this way, they are usually right.

The wind around me picked up, as if sensing my unease. I cautiously turned back around and resumed my walking.

Then, a grunt sound made me jump. ZOMBIES!

I froze. My eyes squinted, but I couldn't see any.

"Whoever is there, I probably have something that can kill you," I warned.

Nothing.

"Well, I'm going to just keep walking," I said, waiting for a reply. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

No objections.

I turned around, trying to think of something else and take my mind off of things, until my phone rang and I was so startled I tripped over a crack and almost face-planted.

After regaining my balance, I pressed answer.

"Kai, I can't talk right now," I told my twin brother. "I'm about to die."

"So? I've got actual problems here. I can't find any cheese!" His distressed voice responded.

I rolled my eyes. "You ate it all."

He paused. "Oh. Well then, got to g-"

"Wait," I cut in, my eyes suspiciously darting around my surroundings. "I need a ride."

"What? Why? I'm in the middle of a dance off!"

I frowned, my eyes watching the foliage around me. "I think I'm being followed."

"That's because you are..." An unfamiliar voice drifted in the night, sounding like it was right next to me.

I jumped. WHO WAS THAT?!

"Kai," I whispered urgently into the phone. "The wind is speaking to me."

"What? No it's not!" He said.

"Yes it is!" I insisted.

"No it's not..." The mysterious voice said.

"There it is again!" I told him.

"Quit being so paranoid. Relax. See you at home."

"Wait, don't-"

He hung up.

I growled at the phone in my hand and stuffed it back in my pocket.
but once I started walking again, another twig cracked.

"Look," I began, loosing my patience. "I know you're there, you know you're there, and you know I know you know you're there. Now come out and fight me like a man."

Still nothing.

I frowned and picked a large tree branch up from the ground. Then, a loud sneeze sound behind a bush.

"AHA!" I shouted, raising my branch over my head and preparing to swing. "TIME TO DIE!"

I was about to let them have it, when a small black cat jumped through the bush.

Oh.

I lowered my stick and looked closely at it. It was a cute, fluffy thing with soft blue eyes that melted my heart. Awwwww.

Wait... aren't black cats bad luck?

Eh, I'm sure nothing will happen.

"Awwwww," I smiled, bending over and bracing my hands on my knees. "Who are you?"

After the day I'd had, for some reason I half-expected the cat to say, "YOUR MOM!" But it simply cocked its head and stared at me.

Since it was so cute, I decided to take it with me, seeing as it had no collar and was in need of a bath.

"Do you want to come home with me?" I asked.

The cat's eyes widened with fear and he raced away.

#everyboyIaskout.

Even after discovering it was the cat all along, I still had the feeling of eyes watching me down the street...