Chapter Twenty Eight: The Chase

My eyes widened, and suddenly I got the feeling that my life would soon end.

So I did what any logical teen would do.

I took another one of his cookies, popped it in my mouth, and ran for the hills.

Or, the stairs actually.

"IM GOING TO GET YOU!" Aiden roared from behind me.

I sprinted out of the kitchen and yelled back, "YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT!"

I sped up the stairs, tripping at the top, but I quickly regained my balance and continued running.

Unfortunately, it gave Aiden enough time to be right behind me, and I ran like my life depended it to a random guest room.

As soon as I zoomed in, I shut the door and locked it.

Aiden, being so close behind, slammed right into it with a BANG.

The sound of something heavy hitting the ground made me feel a bit bad.

"Ouch," I wrinkled up my nose. "That didn't sound good."

A loud groan came from behind the door.

Then, some shuffling. "You can't hide in there forever!"

"Actually, I can," I told him. "I will probably die if I do, but I can."

He groaned and pounded on the door. "Get out here!"

I sighed, and turned my back on the door to see the room. "I'm not in here."

"Yes you are!"

I rolled my eyes again and just didn't respond.

The room was a bit smaller than Aiden's, but it was still a decent size. The carpets were a light tan color, and the bedspread was a grass- green.

There wasn't much in here, just the normal bedroom accommodations, but I needed something to defend myself with for when I faced Aiden.

But what?

"Come out!" He yelled.

"No thanks," I responded, thinking.

"I have cookies."

I brightened. Cookies? No. He's lying. Stay strong.

"Doubt it," I told him.

"Don't make me make Cole get the toolbox again," Aiden threatened.

I almost laughed. "Be my guest! It'll take forever to open with your skills. Or should I say lack of skills!"

Haha! Got him! Self-five.

I heard him let out a low growl, which I also ignored.

I sat down on the edge of the bed, thinking. This was quite the predicament.

Then, an idea hit me.

Well, kind of literally.

My foot accidentally knocked into the bedside table, and the green lamp toppled over onto my head.

It hit my forehead, and then rolled off the bed and onto the ground, pulling out the chord.

"Hey!" I cried indignantly, running a hand over my forehead. Then a thought came.

The lamp!

I bent over to pick it up, and examined it.

It would do.

Holding it tight in my hand, I crept over to the door.

Then, I mentally prepared myself.

And attacked.

I swung open the door, and I let him have it.

I bonked him on the head, swung the lamp into his stomach, and while he was dazed, I pushed past him and ran.

My feet flew down the stairs, taking two at a time, and when I reached the bottom my momentum caused me to collide with someone who was walking past.

We fell to the ground, me on top.

"Ow!" They complained.

I looked at the face under me to see that it was Aiden!

"Aiden?!" I exclaimed, rolling off of him.

I helped him up, and then frowned at the stairs. "But if you're down here, then who..."

"COLE!" Garret shouted from upstairs. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!"

Whoops.

"Uhhh," I trailed off.

Aiden cast me a confused look as Garret and Cole appeared at the top of the stairway.

Cole's right eye was swollen shut, and a bruise was already forming on his temple.

Garret supported him as they hobbled down the stairs.

"What's with you?" Aiden asked, concern sliding across his face.

"Lamp," Cole wheezed, Garret helping him down the last step.

"Sorry," I said with an apologetic smile. "My b."

Garret glared at me, and then turned to Cole. "Why don't we go get you some ice?"

"Cool, cool," Cole managed to smile in his state, and Garret smiled back.

As they continued hobbling off the the kitchen, Aiden turned to me with a very confused face.

"You hit him with a lamp?" He asked me in disbelief.

I shrugged. "To be fair, I thought it was you."