Chapter Thirty One: Oh My!

"Miles?!" I gasped. "HAH! Called it!"

His evil, calculating grin vanished. "What? You're not shocked?"

"No. it's obvious," I said. Didn't he realize that? "You wanted to be Alpha, but since Aiden found his mate first, he's the alpha. So the only way to become the alpha is to kill me, leaving him mateless, and the pack lunaless."

He looked shocked. "How'd you know?"

I snorted. "Please. I read Wattpad."

Plus, he had always been giving off that creepy vibe, and those stares. Ugh.

He frowned, but then gave me the evil, calculating grin.

"Well you're Wrong," He told me proudly. "Miles died along with my childhood. I'm Centimeters now."

I made the mistake of bursting out laughing. But really- who wouldn't laugh at that name! "Centimeters? HA! What, is that foreshadowing the size of your-"

"SILENCE!" He shouted, making me quiet down. "You think it's funny now? BEHOLD!" He shouted, whipping something thin and green out in front of him. "ASPARAGUS!"

"AHHHHH!" I screamed, backing away. "NOOOOOOO!"

My heart exploded with fear, and I went into panic mode.

He grinned Evily, and came towards me with the terrifying green plant.

I cried out in terror, my foot getting caught under a root, tripping me. I went sprawling out on the ground in a flurry of flailing limbs.

Miles, with great precision, took a knife out from his pocket, and raised it above his head.

My heels scraped against the dirt, trying to back away from him in vain.

Just as he brought it down, a little black thing jumped on his head.

Miles screamed, dancing around while Inky bit him and scratched him, until he managed to fling her off, and my kitten landed on the ground and went still.

I stared at the little body, and a cloud of rage consumed me. Fury overcame my fear of asparagus, because I loved that cat.

A wave of pure anger swept over me, my vision turning red, and suddenly, I launched myself upwards, jumping on him. "YOU KILLED MY CAAAATTT?!?!?!? NOW IM ANGRY!!"

He screamed again, and I curled my fingers into a fist and punched him as hard as I could. He yelled, and I ignored the pain, kicking his gut, and I was winning, until arms peeled me off of him.

And I turned to see the second most surprising thing.

"CHARLES?!" I gasped, gawking at the blonde boy in front of me. How did he get tangled up in all of this? "I was going to go to your party! How's Snakey by the way?"

"I know you hate snakey," He jeered. "And I hate you. The party was a setup, so that they would kidnap you, and me and Miles would kill you."

Wait... really? Wow, they had sure planned ahead.

"You hate me?" I asked, sad. "But why?"

"I don't, actually," He said. "But Miles is going to pay me."

"Centimeters!" Miles yelled. "It's Centimeters!"

I rolled my eyes, but before I could move, Charles grabbed my arms and twisted them painfully behind my back.

"Hey!" I shouted indignantly. "That hurts!"

I struggled, but without my cat I was defenseless.

Wow. That is just sad.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

"Well, since you asked nicely... No," Charles said.

"Finally," Miles began, grinning. "After days of waiting. I will be alpha."

"Hold up!" A thought crossed my mind, and I frowned, looking at him. "Won't they suspect it was you?"

He paused, thinking. "Hm. I hadn't thought about. Eh, I'll think of something later."

Then, he brought his arm down, and the knife with it.

I closed my eyes, thinking, 'KNIFE!! AGHHHHH!'

But surprisingly, it never came. I peeled open an eye to see Miles on the ground, and Aiden on top of him.

"YAY!" I cheered. Then, I swiftly kicked Charles between the legs.

He doubled over in pain, and I broke away, while at the same time, Aiden gave Miles one last hit, and ran over to meet me.

He stopped right in front of me, and gave me a smile.

I was surprised that even under these circumstances, his smile still warmed my chest.

I returned his smile, but just then, I heard a disturbing noise.

It sounded like my grandmother on the toilet.

There was some cracking and popping, and inappropriate sounding noises, and when I turned around, I saw something I'd never thought I'd see.

A wolf the size of a lion stood twenty feet away, its grey fur rippling with each breath, and its muzzle snarled.

It looked like many of my ex boyfriends. It looked like it wanted to kill me.

And, to top it all off, Charles was back up, and looking as mean as ever.

They stood on either side of us, and me and Aiden stood with our backs against each other, watching them.

"Oh no," I breathed. "I don't want to die. Not yet. I've never tried a pepper! Or swam with seals! Heck- I haven't even been kissed yet!"

Aiden looked at me out of the corner of his eye, and before I knew it, he had grabbed my arm and was spinning me into his chest.

I stumbled, of course, tripping over my own feet, and to avoid falling I grabbed his shoulder.

A strong arm hooked around my small waist and brought me closer, and even though he was a head taller, Aiden managed to kiss me.

Suddenly, everything else faded, and I closed my eyes, not caring anymore.

He wrapped his other arm around my back and my hands tangled into his wildly messy hair, while my whole body buzzed, alive.

My lips worked against his passionately, and I savored the moment.

Then, all too soon, he pulled away.

Aiden grinned at my astonished face. "Fixed it."

I continued to gape at him as he ran towards Miles.

Was he serious?! Now how was I supposed to fight? I could barely stand!