Chapter Two: PARTY TIME!

PARTAY Outfit^^

Many of you have been asking how my other books have gotten so many reads.

The answer: It takes a lot of hard work and bribing.

"And when I got home, I realized I don't even like hamburgers," I told Kai. "Also, I was still freaked out from the zombies. Am I being paranoid?"

It was the next morning, and I was laying on my bed, conveying my story with my hands. My annoying brother Kai sat in my blue beanbag chair, looking bored.

Kai snorted, "A lot. You act like any second you're about to be kidnapped. You have bigger chances of being carried off by Harry Styles."

I smiled in amusement. "Why him?"

"That's not the point," He said, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation. "The point is that Charles's sister is hot. And we're going to that party."

"Why?" I asked. "Can't we just skip this one party? I'm really freaked out here."

Kai groaned. "No. we can't. I have something there that I really need to do. And that something is Charles's sister. We're going."

I sighed. "Fine, fine. But when I get kidnapped, it's going to be your fault."

"Ok," He agreed. "Now can I tell my story now? You had your turn. Last night, I was watching TV, and gasp. I wanted cheese. But when I looked in the fridge, it was GONE! Poof! Not a trace. And the end."

He smiled, hopping off the bag and going to get changed in presumably something tight. I admit he's muscular, but his brain is definitely not.

I began climbing off my mattress. "Remember this, I have a phobia of snakes, so before I enter that party I'll need you to confirm that Snakey is properly in his cage."

"Snakey," He snickered. "What a stupid name. Sounds like something I'd name my d-"

"-og," I cut in. "A dog name. Very appropriate."

"Actually Noelani, I was going to say-"

"Get out!" I pushed him out of my room and slammed the door before he could finish.

Then I smiled, and hopped up to get ready.

About an hour later, I was in front of the club dressed in tall back boots, jeans, a blue blouse, and a black leather jacket that complimented my sun-tanned skin. I left my brown hair down and wavy, and I put some mascara around my odd eyes.

My eyes were both blue, but one was lighter than the other. It wasn't a big thing, but it was slightly noticeable.

Kai parked my antique Volkswagen and I hopped out.

I gave my license plate a small smile as I passed it. The plate read, 'IAMLATE'. Haha, not this time!

Charle's party was in a club in the middle of the town square, but me not being that much of a club person, turned to Kai and made the first mistake of the night.

"You go ahead," I said. "I'm going to walk around a bit and get some food."

Kai snickered, "What, you aren't the party type? Loser."

I sniffed. "Geez, that was rude. I'd give you an ugly look, but I see you're already wearing one."

Kai simply rolled his eyes and walked into the club without a second thought.

I turned on my heel and began to browse around the shops.

Suddenly, I noticed a man in all black with his hood up. My sketch detector wasn't liking him. It's a good thing I got pepper spray.

"Who are you?" I whispered to myself.

'How should I know?' Myself answered.

"Good point," I said.

Trying to see if he was following me or not, I crossed the street without using the crosswalk. As I turned the corner, I discreetly looked over my shoulder to see that he too had crossed.

Weird.

A crowd of people had gathered in the town square area for some kind of festival, and I didn't hesitate to dive into the crowd.

He followed me, his hood up and his walk slow and deliberate.

Weird.

I wove through the people, trying to lose him, and when I got out, I stopped. Was he still following me?

The answer was yes. A second later he broke away from the mass.

I stared at him, trying to make eye contact and convey that if I needed to, I could easily identify him.

I saw under the hood tips of black hair and brown eyes. He caught my eye, and I stared, daring him to look away. Instead of giving up to not risk exposure, he stared back.

Then he smirked.

My blood turned cold. He looked away first, and I turned around sharply, my eyes darting around, searching for the closest building.

Bingo- a shoe store.

I briskly walked over, taking long strides, and threw open the door.

Unfortunately, I accidentally hit someone in my rush.

"Ooof!" A man complained.

I stepped back to see a fairly attractive man, with light green eyes and brown hair. He had that jock look about him, and a jawline that probably got all the girls.

Probably me too, except I wasn't in the mood.

He paused, looking me up and down. "Well hello there."

"Hey," I said, not wanting to chat.

He smiled, "My doctor says I'm lacking Vitimin- YOU."

I looked at him out of the corner of my eyes and said, completely serious, "My doctor says I'm in danger of killing someone."

After that he backed up a bit, and I pushed past him and practically ran to the front desk.

A woman about 40 years old smiled at me, but before she could speak I said, "Please, I need to call the police, I think someone is following me."

She frowned, and she silently handed me the phone.

I hastily dialed the number, my heart racing and my palms sweaty.

The phone rang once before it was picked up.

"911, what's your-"

"I think I'm being followed," I said, my eyes watching the entrance to the store. "He has black hair, brown eyes, an average build and is about 5'7."

"Where are you?" She asked. I gave them my street, and looked back, and suddenly my blood went cold.

I could physically feel the paralyzing fear spread through every inch of my skin.

And I was terrified.

Pushing through the door was the man. He looked at me, and smiled.

I thrust the phone back at the lady, "Where's the back entrance."

She  pointed to a door behind her, and I walked quickly over, and pushed through it.

As I transferred to a jog, my mind ran.

I knew I was faster than him, I'd played lacrosse and ran cross country for years. If it came to it, I could get away.

I reached the town square again, pushing past people without stopping to apologize.

I finally allowed myself to breathe again when I made it into the middle of the crowd.

And then a hand grabbed my shoulder.

My entire body froze in fear. I slowly turned around to see the man in black, gripping me hard, and staring down at me predatorily.

"Finally."