Chapter Twenty Four: Old News.

I'd almost forgotten about the notes.

When Aiden took a sharp turn into his room, I decided to stop by mine to pick up my things and my cat, but unfortunately, there, sitting on my pillow, was a note written in blood.

Actually, it looked weird, so I stuck my finger in it and licked it.

Ewwwww!

It was disgusting.

Definitely ketchup.

Ketchup blood? This was just sad.

Anyways, written on the note was, Soon....

Soon... what? It wasn't very descriptive.

I took the note and flushed it down the toilet, along with any fears I might have had, and turned back to my things.

I gathered up my chip stash and small knife, and tucked the knife in my boot, and blatantly carried the chips in my arms.

"Inky, come," I called over my shoulder to the small black cat.

His ears pricked up immediately, and he looked for me. When he found me, he hopped off the bed and padded out the door next to my legs.

When I knocked on Aiden's door, I knew he wouldn't be happy.

He opened the door. His eyes looked at me, then transferred onto my cat, and shut the door again.

I knocked for the second time, and he opened with an annoyed face.

"That cat is not coming in here," He told me with an expressionless face.

I picked her up with my free hand and held our faces together. "How can you say no to this face?"

He didn't blink. "Like this."

And he slammed the door closed again.

I sighed, and put Inky back on the ground. Then, instead of knocking I barged through the door and entered the room.

Aiden looked up from on the bed, startled. "Geez! Don't you knock?!"

I rolled my eyes and headed for the other side of the bed. I dumped my stuff on the nightstand while Inky jumped up onto the bed and stared at Aiden.

"AHHHH!" He screamed, flailing his arms and legs and falling off the bed. "GET AWAY!"

I picked up Inky and placed him on the ground, where he settled down and began to sleep.

"Calm down," I told him. "He's harmless."

Aiden's head poked out from behind the mattress.

"You don't know that," He responded, staring wearily at the sleeping kitten.

"So what are we going to do?" He asked me.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to bed," I said, jumping up onto the sheets and laying down.

"But that's boring," He complained, laying down next to me.

"Aren't only boring people bored?" I asked the ceiling.

"I'm a werewolf," He snorted. "I'm hardly boring."

"Then find a way to entertain yourself," I ordered.

"Fine!" He shot back, and then a devilish smile over took his face.

Oh no.

I narrowed my eyes. "What-HEY!"

He kicked me off the bed, and I landed on my butt with a thump.

I rolled over in pain, muttering, when something under the bed caught my eye.

I frowned, squinting. "What's this?"

I reached for an object with my fingers, and tugged it out.

"Wait, don't look at that!" He said, leaning over the edge to see what I was doing.

"'My Life'?" I read, staring at the cover. It looked like some weird mix of a photo book and a scrapbook. It was purple, with a picture of Aiden as a child on the front.

I stared at the large leather bound book in wonder. "You had a life?"

"Ha ha," He glared. "Very funny."

I pulled it into my lap and opened it, feeling his gaze on the back of my head.

My fingers flipped to the first page, where a big picture of a squash-looking thing drawn in crayons looked up at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Is this a squash?"

"No," He said, sounding insulted. "It's Miles!"

"Oh," I said staring down at the picture. "Why are there sticks in his head?"

"That's hair!"

"Where are the legs?"

"Right there!"

"Why does he look squashed?"

"He doesn't!" Aiden cried indignantly.

I whistled lowly. "I really hope Miles hasn't seen this."

"He did," Aiden told me. "Huh. Maybe that's why he punched that afternoon."

"It's clear who the artist of the family is," I joked, turning the page.

A small, hazy picture of five individuals was messily taped on. Two parents and three children on the stairs of a house.

"Who's the girl?" I asked.

"My sister, Quinn," Aiden smiled. "She's away in college. And that-" He pointed to a man. "That's my dad. He was the alpha, until he died."

I furrowed my brow. "Does that make you the next alpha?"

"It's a bit more complicated then that," He told me. "Since Miles and I are twins, they weren't sure who would be the next alpha, so my dad came up with a solution. Whoever found their mate first would take over, since the pack needs their luna."

"Hold up," I held out a hand. "You're speaking gibberish. This is like being back in algebra."

"A mate is like a soul mate, and a Luna is the alpha's mate," He said. "And 3x+2=6y-3."

"NOOSTOP!" I slapped my hands over my ears. "It's summer!"

"Also, 45x to the second power-"

"Next page!" I yelled, quickly turning the paper.

It was a story?

"What's this?" I asked, peering at the messy kid handwriting.

"I book I wrote," He told me proudly.

"'Who Moved My Chicken'?" I read in disbelief.

"I almost published it on Wattpad," He said in a smug tone.

"Thank the lord you didn't," I muttered, reading it. "Once there was my chicken lunch. Then someone moved it. I lost my chicken lunch. The end?"

"It took a long time," He told me honestly.

"And that's it?!" I said, completely bewildered. The rest of the pages were blank!

"Eh, I gave up," He said.

"Wow," I mumbled. "That's just sad. Even for you."

"Hey!" He said, upset. "I did three whole pages."

"A+," I said sarcastically, sliding the book back under the bed.

"That was sarcastic," He accused.

I hopped back on the bed, and said, "So?"

"So I worked hard!"

"Fine!"

"Whatever!"

"Don't you know any other words?" I asked honestly.

He angrily flipped off his light and rolled over, so his back was to me.

I huffed, and turned my light out too, rolling over as well.