Chapter Thirty Two: Fight Song

I watched, glued to my spot, as Aiden shifted in mid-air, into a dark brown and red colored wolf.

Woah.

As the two wolves began to clash, I forced myself to turn away and focus on my opponent.

Charles had just finished brushing himself off, and was staring at me with a mad expression.

"You're going down," He told me.

"No," I said, "You're going down!"

Hah! Showed him.

He made a face, and began running toward me.

I gave a wicked grin.

And then I turned in the other direction and ran.

"AHHHHHH!" I yelled, running away.

I heard Charles laugh, and I swerved behind a tree.

His laughter died away into a confused silence as he searched for me, and I climbed silently onto a low hanging branch, and I pulled myself up into a second. This one long and over looked the clearing I'd been in.

As Charles continued walking along looking for me, I waited until he was directly under me, and then I slid off the branch.

My body fell right on his head, knocking him to the ground.

"Ow!" He complained from under me, wheezing.

"Haha!" I triumphed. "Wheeze all you want, Wheezy. I'm going to make you suffer!"

"You sound like my mother," He groaned under my weight.

"Yeah? Well I'm worse," I told him.

Then, I hopped up, and readied my hand.

I clenched my hands into a fist, and once he stood and turned to face me, I socked him right in the face.

The force of it knocked him back a couple steps, and then he collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

I smiled with pride and then grimaced. "Oooooooooowww!"

I shook my fist to rid of the pain, and hopped up and down.

But I was still happy.

Smiling, I turned back to the clearing to where the wolves of Miles and Aiden were clashing.

They were both up on their hind legs, grappling, and neither appeared to be winning.

Thinking fast, I grabbed a pinecone off the ground, and chucked it towards Miles.

It hit him right in the eye, and he growled, the distraction giving Aiden the chance to push him off.

The two wolves separated, and began stalking each other.

They circled, eyeing and growling, but neither making the first move.

I watched as Miles suddenly darted towards Aiden's brown red wolf, his teeth bared.

Aiden's wolf bounded up to meet him, and Miles scrunched up his hind legs, preparing to jump.

Aiden ducked just in time as Miles soared above him.

Then, before Aiden could recover, Miles spun back around and tackled him.

And that's when Aiden started loosing.

Miles was on top of him, snapping his jaws at his neck, while Aiden moved out of the way by a hair.

My gaze scanned the foliage, desperately trying to find something to help.

Then, I remembered something.

I had a knife!

I could use it to saw a tree branch off and hit Miles with it to death!

Great idea!

I yanked out my knife and ran over to a branch.

However, the knife was cheap.

It bent as soon as I began sawing.

I cursed and dropped it, trying to figure out an idea.

A distraction! I need to create a distraction!

Good idea.

I ran back to the clearing, but paused.

Miles's teeth were clamped around Aiden's paw, and he was crying out in pain.

Then, Miles let go and went for the kill.

He drove towards Aiden's neck, and-

"CENTIMETERS!" I shouted, waving my arms over my head.

He paused, his eyes flitting to the side to watch me.

"UM... UHHH...," I racked my brain for something to say. "UM- YOUR PANTS FELL DOWN!"

As I mentally face-palmed, he actually looked down at his furry legs, giving Aiden the chance to surge up.

Aiden grabbed Miles and threw him against a tree, and when he hit the ground, he went still.

My wide eyes looked at Aiden, who collapsed, and shifted back into a person.

"Aghh!" I instantly averted my eyes to avoid his southern regions.

He lay on the ground, in obvious pain, clutching his hurt arm.

"My... pants..." He forced out, gritting his teeth. "Behind... tree...."

"Ok, pants behind tree," I muttered to myself, looking for pants.

I found them, and tossed them over.

Aiden painfully slid into some basketball shorts, and I tried to think of some way to help.

"Um... some day, am I right?" I tried. Man, that was bad.

Thankfully, Aiden laughed, and then cried out in pain.

I opened my mouth, but was interrupted by a herd of people running in through the trees.

"Are you ok?!" Cate asked, rushing over with the others on her tail.

"How'd you know we were here?" I asked.

"Mind thing," Cole said.

Everyone was there, including the moms, and we all hovered over Aiden anxiously.

"You kids have all the fun," Cassie muttered.