Chapter Three: Nevermind

Hey. My eyes are up here.

"The police are already on their way," I breathed, my heart hammering away in my chest.

He shook his head slowly. "They won't get here in time."

I suppressed a shiver. I was not going to give him the satisfaction.

"My dad is the chief of police," I lied. "You don't want to do this."

He cocked his head. "Don't I?"

"We are in the middle of everyone," I whispered harshly. "I'll make a scene."

"You can try."

"I have Antilactical Germaphenia. If I don't take my medication every six hours, I'll die. It's been five hours."

"I'm sure you'll live."

"If you do this, my twin brother will come at you with his sack and kill you to death."

"If you say so."

"I'll punch you."

He spread his arms. "Go ahead."

I didn't hesitate. I whipped out my pepper spray and pepper sprayed him like there was no tomorrow, which there very well might not be.

He cried out, his arms instinctively rising to cover his face, and I took off, shoving past people.

They cried out and cursed, but I was too busy running for my life.

Ohmylordohmylordohmylordohmy-

Wait.

I think I'm lost.

"Banana shenanigans!" I cursed. Now what?! Hold on, maybe I had something of use in my pocket.

I dug my hand into my jeans and searched for something useful. But when I pulled my palm out, all I had was a piece of gum, a necklace, and a Bobbie pin.

"Great Scott," I cursed again. I looked around at my surroundings. "Ok, Noelani. Over here we have buildings," I said, gesturing to some bland apartments over various closed stores. "And on the other side we have more buildings."

I sucked at locations. I needed to change my license plate to 'IAMLOST'.

My breathing became shallow and tight as my chest constricted with panic.

Then, I suddenly spotted something that instantly lifted my mood.

A food truck.

It was parked on the corner, and was plain white, except for the pink, '25 Cent Ice Cream' sloppily spray painted on the side.

I perked up. Ice cream you say?

That's when I made the second bad decision of the night.

I wanted ice cream.

I dug out a quarter from my wallet, (which only had two dollars left in it), and walked over.

Man, I really needed some ice cream after the night I'd had.

As I approached the vehicle, the sliding door opened, revealing another young man with bright, perky blue eyes and bright blonde hair.

"Hello!" He smiled. "What would you like?"

"Um, ice cream?" What else?

He laughed, "What kind?"

I thought. "Mint chocolate chip please."

He nodded and ducked under the window, "Coming right up."

I leaned against the car, breathing out heavily. "You know, I've had quite the day. I was just almost kidnapped."

"Really?" He said, shuffling around.

I nodded. "Yep. But I showed him. Mess with me and you get what you deserve. Ka-plow!"

"Woah," He responded, reappearing with my ice cream cone. "That's Crazy."

"Yepep," I said, taking my ice cream from him and flipping him the quarter. It accidentally hit him in the eye.

"Ow!" He complained.

"Sorry," I said, and took a lick of my ice cream and instantly recoiled.

Yikes, no wonder this stuff was only twenty five cents.

It was awful.

Way too sweet.

"Oh, um, delicious," I lied, trying to make myself smile."Anyway, the guy looked terrible. I mean, ugly. His shirt was a shade darker than his pants, and it bothered me the whole time."

"You mean like the guy behind you?" The boy asked. I stiffened. Wait- what?

I snuck a peak behind my shoulder and saw that the potential kidnapped was right behind me.

I subtly leaned closer to the window and whispered, "Hand me a knife."

The kidnapped chuckled, and suddenly I swayed. Woah. That ice cream really was bad after all.

The kidnapped looked at me in concern. I tried to convey that it was just some cheap ice cream, but since there was really no way to convey that, I ended up just pointing to my stomach.

He frowned. "Is it that made-up disease you said you had?"

I opened my mouth to answer, and was confused when no sound came out. What?

"Hey, are you ok?" The kidnapped asked, looking weirdly uncomfortable.

The edges of my vision grew fuzzy, and I stumbled forward, collapsing into the kidnapped.

He caught me, and held me as far away from him as possible.

"What the heck?" He asked.

The guy in the truck responded, "I think I gave her too much."

Too much? Too much of wha- oh. These jerks drugged me. That's why it was so cheap. Were they going to rob me? Well, jokes on them, cause I've only got two dollars left.

I've never been so happy to be broke before.

"Well, what do I do with her!" The kidnapped asked, sounding distressed and uncomfortable.

"Just- bring her in here!"

And that's when everything went black.