Episode: The Northwest Conspiracy: A Play in Three Parts

(The creator originally wrote the summary for this episode with Dipper not being oblivious anymore and aware of the paranormal

(The creator originally wrote the summary for this episode with Dipper not being oblivious anymore and aware of the paranormal... but stated that this takes place before the event where Dipper actually realizes that magic is real. Which doesn't make sense. So in this guide, "The Northwest Conspiracy: A Play in Three Parts" takes place before Dipper is aware of the supernatural and not afterwards.)

Just because Pacifica isn't going to spill the beans about Mabel's existence doesn't mean she's completely backed off on outing the Northwests for their secrets! As plans for a play about what really happened on the night of Stanley Northwest's murder, Stanford Northwest finally gets fed up with Pippa's granddaughter sneaking her nose in places it doesn't belong. He orders Bill to put a stop to it, which he gladly does so by finally fully possessing Mabel for the first time.

Pacifica discovers Babel and makes a deal with Bill to save Mabel. Bill eagerly accepts and temporary leaves Mabel's body for the first time since her birth to possess Pacifica... Bacifica? Pill? I don't know. Anyways, Bill-Pacifica immediately gets to work on destroying parts of the newsroom and harasses other students before he realizes that a great way to mess up the play would be for it to go just as Stanford said it did- complete with an actual murder!

Mabel recovers from her possession and realizes that she can see into the mindscape and find Pacifica. They team up to defeat Bill-Pacifica before he kills Grenda-playing-Stanley. The crowd is confused over what just happened, but then Dipper appears out of nowhere and tells them that the entire play was commissioned by the Northwest family as an advertisement for the Pines "haunted" Bed and Breakfast. He doesn't know what really happened to Mabel and Pacifica, but he does know that something was very wrong with Mabel and Pacifica helped her somehow, so he was just repaying her for that. It's not like he cares or anything, pffft.

Pacifica is touched by his gesture, and the two of them are roped into a group hug with Mabel and Candy by Grenda. Bill retreats into the depths of Mabel's mind to nurse his wounds. Babel will be back. Just you wait.