Characters: Preston and Priscilla Pines

Pacifica has a great relationship with both of her parents. Preston, the son of Pippa Pines, is a local new anchor and Pacifica's idol. He's who got her into journalism and encourages her to always be determined to find the absolute truth while doing a story. Preston adored his mother, and the idea of her being a possible murderer breaks his heart. Pacifica grew up hearing stories from him about Pippa's adventures, cleverness, and amazing achievements. While she wants to clear Pippa's name in order to wipe her family's slate clean, she also wants to do it for his father's sake.

Priscilla is the stricter of the two Pines parents. When the family moved to Gravity Falls, she immediately transformed Pippa's old house into a Bed and Breakfast with a haunted theme to help draw in customers who might be iffy to stay the night because of the scandal surrounding the Pines family name. It works, and the Bed and Breakfast is an immediate big hit. Unlike her husband, Priscilla doesn't approve of Pacifica going above and beyond in her search for answers and does her best to real her in when Pacifica goes overboard. She's afraid of her daughter getting hurt or worse like her grandmother, whom Preston frequently compares her to.