Chapter 5

C H A P T E R  5

Jealous much?

The following day, I found out that Kyle was going to be staying at our mansion 'cause his parents couldn't be here since they both are busy. Plus we're here so all is good. My parents also mentioned that Kyle will be going to school with me, which is a stress reliever. It puts me at ease knowing he'll be there with me. Maybe he might even be able to meet my friends.

So, I finally decided to go to school, now feeling a lot comfortable knowing Kyle will be there with me. We both got ready the following day. Since he's new and doesn't have the books yet, (I already do since my mom was kind enough to get books from school for me during this past week) I decided to share mine with him until he gets his own.

So we both walked to school.  Chatting, telling jokes, laughing uncontrollably, remembering memories, we did all these to avoid boredom while on our way to school. I always like to talk to Kyle, he's fun and hilarious.

I was having so much fun that I didn't notice we already reached school and were now walking up the stairs. I was busy laughing at what Kyle said, but was brought back down to earth when someone called me.

"[Name]?"

My laughter died down as I looked for the source of the voice. I looked over Kyle's shoulder and saw Nino, Adrien, Alya and Marinette. Kyle noticed me looking uneasy and looked behind him. They looked at Kyle and me back and forth as if trying to figure something out.

"Um... hi?" I broke the awkward silence with an awkward greeting.

"Who's this?" Alya asked, carefully eyeing Kyle like a predator eyeing its prey. Weird comparison, but it's the best I could come up with right now.

"This is-"

"Yo, I'm Kyle" He casually said, cutting me off. Real smooth, Kyle. Real smooth.

"He's a childhood friend of mine from NYC." I explained to them.

Kyle slipped an arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him, "Yep! I've known this chipmunk for years!"

"I told you not to call me that!"

"Awe, did I offend the chipmunk?"

"I don't get why you call me that. My voice isn't even high pitched!"

"I call you that 'cause you're cute"

My cheeks flared at his compliment. "Sh-shut up..." I heard Alya and Nino chuckle at my comment, while Kyle pulled me closer if that were even possible. I looked at Adrien and saw him silently glaring at Kyle. It makes me wonder why is he angry.

But anyway, the bell rang, and all the students including us went to our classes. Kyle and I have the same classes, intended by both our parents.

T I M E  S K I P

Soon it was lunch time and Kyle and I decided to have lunch outside.

"You have such a jealous ex." Said Kyle while eating his lunch, which was a salad. Being models, of course we had to have a healthy diet.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow as I ate my own lunch.

"In every class, I always catch him glaring at me. What's his deal?"

"I... I don't know... I don't see a reason for him to be jealous. He has Mari after all... unless...–"

"Unless he still likes you"

"Th- that's impossible. If he did, he should have told me by now..." I muttered, though audible enough for Kyle to hear. "Maybe he's still confused about what he's feeling" Kyle states. I was silent for a moment, thinking about what he had said. "I don't know. I don't want to find out, either. Let's not talk about it anymore, okay? The important thing is you're here with me, and we'll both enjoy our time together, okay?" I told him.

I looked at him and saw him already looking at me. He gave me a soft, warm smile, "Sounds like a plan." Soon, lunch ended and we both headed to our next class. I turned my attention to Kyle as we continued to walk together, "Why don't we go to the park later? Maybe I can show you around." I asked him.

He looked at me with a glint of excitement in his eyes, "Awesome! I'd love to!" I smiled at him as we finally reached our next class, which was history.

C H A P T E R  5; COMPLETE

I am so so so sorry for not updating sooner! I was supposed to post this chapter a few days ago, but I literally had a lot of things to do!

I had to do 2 speeches for 2 different classes, and 3 other projects. 😥

But the weekend finally came and I finally am able to post this. Once again, I am so sorry! I hope you all understand.

-gal xxx