Chapter 20

woops...

did i say tomorrow last time?

he-he... um...

in my defense, i said hopefully...

im really sorry guys, i was really busy this week. i had NO time to even check wattpad. lame excuse but it's true...

ok here's the chapter:

C H A P T E R    2 0
Friends?

I woke up the next day, with light drenching me through the balcony glass doors. I forgot to close the curtains. Well, at least that woke me up a bit.

I hopped out of bed, grabbed clothes from my closet, placed it on the bed, and took a shower. Once I was done, I wore the clothes I prepared, grabbed my bag, and left my room.

I walked down the stairs and straight to the kitchen. There was note on the table left by my parents, saying they left early because of an emergency thing at the office and all that jazz.

Kyle and Zoey were sitting at the table, eating their preferred food. I grabbed a plate of [Favorite Breakfast] and sat right across from them. We exchanged "good mornings" and continued eating.

I glanced at the two and caught them staring at each other with a smile. I smirked at the sight and continued eating my breakfast. Since there was still an hour 'til school starts and it only takes us fifteen minutes to get there, we decided to just stay by the living room for the meantime.

"Hey uh, [Name]? Can I speak to you for a while?" asked Kyle.

"Sure."

We walked back to the kitchen and Kyle turned around to face me. He took my hands and looked at me directly in the eyes. "[Name]... I don't know how to start this... uh... it's just... I'm really confused about what I'm feeling and being in a relationship doesn' t—"

"Shh, I get it. I know how you feel."

"Yeah... and I know you still like Adrien... so..."

"I'm sorry..." I said.

"Don't be. I understand. But we can still be friends, right?"

"Best Friends" I told him with a warm and sincere smile, which he gladly returned.

"But before we completely end this... can I at least do one last thing first?" He asked.

"Sure"

Kyle leaned in and gave me one last kiss. I returned it, knowing it'll be the last time it's gonna happen. Our lips separated, and at the same moment, Kyle whispered, "I love you..."

I smiled, and answered, "I love you too..."

"Best friends?"

"Always."

We embraced each other for a long time, and soon broke apart. We walked back to where Zoey was and decided we should head to school now. As we were walking, Kyle told Zoey about our break up. She gave me a hug, saying she's sorry.

I whispered in her ear to prevent Kyle from hearing, "It's completely fine. You have a chance now" I smirked. After hearing that, Zoey's face became bright red. Kyle looked confused but decided not to question it.

We finally reached school and we joined Adrien, Alya, Nino, and surprisingly, Marinette too, who was early. We all greeted each other hello and since there's twenty minutes left until school starts, we all decided to just sit down somewhere and talk.

Mari had to excuse herself to find Nathaniel for whatever reason, she didn't exactly say why. Nino and Alya are talking, stuck in their own world, and so were Zoey and Kyle. Of course, leaving me and Adrien.

"Shouldn't you be with Kyle?" Adrien asked curiously.

"Yeah, about that, we broke up" I confessed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that" he replied with sincere sympathy.

"No, it's fine. Really. It didn't bother me that much. Because I have an idea who he actually likes..."

"Are you sure that's the only reason why you weren't bothered?" The blond said with a smirk. I playfully punched him in the shoulder, "Adri stop it. Your Chat is showing"

"Why does it matter, purrincess? We're practically the same person" he whispered in my ear. "Especially when it comes to you"

"Adrien... stop it..." I said, resting my forehead on his shoulder to hide my blushing face.

"I know you're blushing, kitten. You're cute, y'know that?" he continued.

"Whatever..." I mumbled. He most likely heard me since he chuckled. And I bet the others heard too because they, too, laughed. But only the part when Adrien said I'm cute, not the other stuff we said. We're still keeping our identities a secret. Not from each other anymore obviously, but for other people.

The bell soon rang, informing us that classes will start shortly. So we all gathered our things and headed to our respective classrooms.

C H A P T E R    2 0 ; COMPLETE