Chapter 13

C H A P T E R   1 3

Mixed Feelings

It was a new day, and Kyle and I walked to school with Zoey. We decided not to take the limo since Zoey wanted to sight-see. Although she could've done that in the car, honestly. But since she's our friend, we obliged to her request.

"Ooh! They're selling pastries! Could we get some? Please??" Zoey exlaimed as she gripped on Kyle's arm.

"B-but school is starting soon, and–" Kyle wanted to retort, but Zoey was so persistent. Kyle groaned and agreed to get some snacks for later. "Yee! Thanks! You're the best!" Zoey grabbed Kyle's hand and ran to the pastry shop, leaving me behind.

"H-hey! Wait up!" I ran after them and realized we're in the pastry shop owned by Marinette's parents, and Mrs. Sabine Cheng was by the counter.

"Hello there, what would you like?" She greeted politely. Mrs. Cheng noticed me and smiled brightly, "Oh [Name]! Welcome back! Is there anything you'd like to order?"

"You know her?" Zoey asked me.

"Yeah, I'm friends with her daughter, Marinette." I answered.

"Speaking of Marinette, she's still in her room..." Mrs. Cheng muttered.

Zoey bought 2 plain croissants, and Kyle and I didn't get anything. We waved goodbye to Marinette's mom and continued to walk to school. Zoey and Kyle were walking so slow I'm practically ahead of them. "Could you two hur–" I looked behind me to see them casually talking and laughing while Zoey was holding Kyle's wrist.

Kyle looked a bit uncomfortable but still continued talking with her. I'm having mixed feelings about this. Should I be jealous that my best friend is holding the hand of my boyfriend? Or should I not be because the two of them are best friends as well? Part of me is saying that I should be jealous, and I kinda am but it's not like the jealousy I felt when seeing Adrien with Mari.

Wait, what am I saying? Why did Adrien come to my mind? Snap out of it, [Name]!

I shook the weird thoughts off my head and started walking ahead. "If you two don't want to be late, I suggest you start walking faster." I said harshly, a lot more than I intended to. I didn't mean to sound rude..

"Also, if you don't want to be outran by me!" I said as I looked back at them with a smirk, to at least show I wasn't angry. I started running and I could hear Kyle yell "Oh no you don't! Come back here!"

"Hey!! Wait up!!" Zoey yelled. The three of us were running to school as we laughed. I reached the top of the stairs, but wasn't able to stop in time and I didn't see where I was going, so I ended up bumping into someone.

I looked down to see that I was straddling a shocked, blushing Adrien. "A-Adrien!!" I yelled in shock and embarassment.

I quickly stood up and helped him up before Kyle saw us. Speaking of Kyle, he and Zoey had finally caught up and – fortunately – didn't witness what had happened. But Nino and Alya did, hopefully they keep their mouths shut.

"Woah dude, that fall was harsh, you alright?" Nino asked.

"What fall?" Kyle questioned, confused to what Nino was saying.

Before Nino could answer, Alya grabbed him by the shoulder and cut him off. "Oh uh Adrien had a little accident when he was fencing and he just told us" Whew, I'm mentally thanking Alya for saving me. I'll actually thank her later when Kyle's not around.

"Who's the new gal?" Nino asked once noticing Zoey.

"Oh, I'm Zoey! A friend of [Name] and Kyle" she introduced herself.

"Jeez, how many friends are you bringing here?" Alya chuckled.

"Hey! I didn't bring them here, their arrivals shocked me too, ya know." I defended.

The school bell rang and every student headed inside. Marinette didn't show up, is she sick? I hope she's alright. "Guess Mari won't be attending. I'll call her later to see what's up" Alya said as she, Nino, Zoey, and Kyle headed inside campus. Adrien and I were left behind.

I was about to head inside, when Adrien whispered in my ear,

"Could've warned me that you were falling for me, purrincess.."

He went inside school, leaving me behind with wide eyes and a red face.

C H A P T E R    1 3 ; COMPLETE

wew

i'm back

ya missed me?
(i doubt u did but.. eh XD)

i finally feel better and also am on summer break so i'll do my absolute best to update more often. peace✌

-gal xxx