Chapter 22

C H A P T E R     2 2
Apologies

[Name]'s POV

"Ladybug? What're you doing here?" I asked her as she sat down beside me.

"I can ask you the same thing" she said.

"Well... There's just a lot of things going on in my mind right now, and I just wanted to cool off." I replied. I turned my head to face her, "How 'bout you?"

"Nothing really. I just saw you up here and, um.. I wanted to talk" She said, sounding kind of nervous at the same time.

"Talk about what?" I questioned curiously, wanting to know what Ladybug would want to talk about.

"About... things... but mostly about Adrien..." she said.

I was shocked at first, I didn't know what to think. Is it bad? Does she still have feelings for him? Is she mad at me? Is she gonna tell me to back off? I honestly don't know...

"I'm listening..." I said cautiously.

"Don't worry, it's not anything bad. I just... want to say sorry I guess..." Ladybug said, apologizing out of the blue.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Sorry for getting in the way. Back when you and Adrien were still together the first time you came to Paris. I let my jealousy get the best of me and almost hurt you. And now, getting in the way of you two being together." LB explained. I didn't know what to say so I let her continue. "I just want you to know that I have no intention of getting back together with him. I haven't completely moved on but I'm almost there.

I do know that you still have feelings for him, don't you?" she asked me, putting me on the spot. "I- I uh.. I'm- I don't.... ugh... I don't know.." I stuttered. "I can't tell for sure. I just got out of relationship and so did he so I don't think I'm in the right place to say that I love him..."

"I understand. You don't want to rush things. I just wanted to let you know that if you two ever plan on getting back together again soon, don't worry about me because I totally support it." said LB as she gave me a happy and genuine smile.

I gladly returned her contagious smile and gave her a hug. She returned the gesture by hugging back. "Thank you..." I whispered, but I know Ladybug heard me.

We broke the hug shortly after, "We should go meet up with the others. Ask them if they saw anything suspicious" I said. Ladybug agreed with me, and we both stood up and leaped off the tower, and soon met up with Rena and Chat.

We saw the two of them on top of a building and joined the two.

"Where have you two been? And were you together just now?" asked Rena.

"Yeah. Just had a little chat. But I didn't see anything suspicious during patrol. You?" I asked Rena.

"All clear on my side" she said.

"Same here." Chat added.

"Just helped a kid find his way back home but other than that it's all good" Ladybug responded. "Well it's getting late. Good job everyone, you should all get some sleep."