Chapter 11

C H A P T E R   1 1

Bittersweet Call

Classes were over and if I had to describe this day in one word, it would be awkward. Just plain awkward especially if Adrien and I are in the same room. I always had to come up with an excuse just so I wouldn't be near Adrien because um... yeah.

The others didn't seem to notice though since they probably think that the awkward tension between Adrien and I is because we're exes, but that is not the case. Though I am thankful no one questioned our odd behavior. 

Currently, I'm in my room. I sighed in relief as I finally finished my homework. "Took you long enough" My little cheetah kwami commented as I closed my laptop. "Hey, don't blame me. It was a three-page long report!" I argued, flopping down on the soft mattress of my bed. 

"[Name]!" I heard Kyle call me from his room.

"Coming!" I stood up from the bed and looked at Chichi, "Stay here" I told her. She nodded as she flew to her little dollhouse. I walked to Kyle's room to see him sitting on his bed, on his laptop. He looked up when he heard his bedroom door creak open.

"Babe! Come here" Kyle motioned me to come sit next to him. I sat down beside him, and he slung an arm around my shoulders. "Look who decided to call," he said as he made me look at his laptop. There on the screen was Zoey's face on a Skype call. My eyes lit up at the sight of my best friend. "Zoey!" I beamed.

"Hey [Name]! And what's with the nickname, Kyle?" Zoey chuckled.

"What? Isn't it normal for a guy to call his girlfriend babe?" Kyle retorted.

"E-eh?! You guys are... dating?! Why didn't you tell me!" she exclaimed.

"S-sorry hehe. Guess we kinda forgot" I muttered sheepishly.

"Geez... are you two really getting too close to each other that you're already forgetting about me?" She pouted, crossing her arms. Kyle simply let out a nervous chuckle while I tried to cheer her up, "No! It's not that! We're just a lot busier now that we're both in an actual school and not home-schooled" I told her.

"Makes sense... a-anyway, I have to go. Let's talk more some other time, bye!" She was quick to end the call, not giving us the chance to bid farewell, which is quite odd. Usually, Zoey is the one who keeps the conversation going. Seeing her abruptly end the call is quite unusual. I looked at Kyle, he seems as confused as I am.

"That was..." I started.

"...weird" Kyle finished my sentence for me.

"Well, we better get some sleep. It's already late" I attempted to stand up to leave, but Kyle held my wrist, forbidding me to go any farther. I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow, "Is something wrong?" I asked. In response, he just shook his head and pulled me closer to him, trapping me in his embrace.

"Can't you sleep here tonight?" He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. My cheeks blazed and my heart started pumping resonantly. "W-why?" I stuttered, not exactly sure on how to respond to his request.

"I don't know... I just want to spend more time with the girl I love..." He said, making my heart beat louder and faster.

"O-okay fine, but don't you dare try anything on me!" I warn the white-haired teen.

"I wouldn't dream of it, princess"

We both laid down on his bed, getting underneath the covers. Kyle took his laptop and placed it on the bedside table and crawled back beside me. He wrapped an arm around my body and entangled his legs with mine. I buried my head in his chest, feeling it rising and falling as he breathed.

"Goodnight, babe" I hear him whisper.

"Goodnight..." I hummed back.

I closed my eyes and quickly drifted to sleep, with a single thought lingering my mind. Why is Zoey acting strange?

C H A P T E R   1 1 ; COMPLETE

Hory shetu 

I apologize for late updates T_T

And I am aware that there aren't much Adrien and Reader moments, but I don't wanna rush things, y'know?

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR UPDATING LATE! 

author-chan feels bad for making u guys wait. And for you readers who continue to stay and support this book and the last one, thank you. I appreciate you guys, I really do. This book and the first book wouldn't have reached this far if it weren't for all of you. So thank you! Ily all of you guys!

~gal xxx