Chapter 6

"Steve, is that you?"

"Yes, you found me."

Steve looked ragged. He had lost some weight. His eyes were filled with worry and hope.

I ran across the room and embraced him. He put his arms around me and held me close. This is what I was missing. This is why I had to find him. I stepped back a little and looked up at him. I could feel tears threatening to break free. He had bags under his eyes, but he looked as handsome as ever.

"I missed you, Diana."

He looked into my eyes and  pressed his against mine. I closed my eyes and returned the kiss. No one could make me feel this...this indescribable feeling. All too soon, he pulled away and asked,

"How did you know I was alive?"

Confusion marred his brow and I reached up and smoothed it away.

" I thought you were dead. All I knew was that I didn't want to save the world if you weren't beside me. So, I went to Hades and he brought me here."

" Please tell me you didn't make a deal with the devil."

"No, just my uncle. Although, I do owe him a favor."

"I hope that favor will never be called in, I am not worth a favor that could end your life."

"I wouldn't be here if you were."

"Then let's go. I doubt whoever is keeping me here will like me escaping."

" Hades said a sorcereress named Circe was holding you captive and I agree, we need to leave now.

Steve had on a grim smile, but I saw the spark of an adventure in his eye. He took my hand and we left the room.
******************************
Sorry for being later than usual.  I had a hard time writing this chapter. What did you think of Wondertrev's reunion? What do you think will happen next? As always, I appreciate any feedback  or comments. Have a good day!