Chapter 10

I layed on the cold hard ground, while I watched my mother and my sisters come back to life. Mother heaved a long breath and fell to the ground, gasping.

"Mother!"

"Diana! The witch is dangerous."

She, then drew herself up to her full height and unsheathed her sword. My sisters followed suit.

"We've been through this before and you're going to try again to defeat me? As much as I would enjoy this, I do not have the time." Circe sighed sarcastically and raised her hand.

"No!"

But it was too late and the Amazons had disappeared.

"I believe you are too dramatic, princess. Don't worry, they are safe." Circe said while casually moving the ball of gold light, my godhood, from hand to hand.

She was toying with me and I didn't like it. I stood and faced Circe.

"Enough! The only reason you play this twisted game is because you know you cannot win against me in battle."

"Oh, I can princess. For now, without your powers, you are weak."

From behind Circe, Steve opened his eyes and winked at me. Then, pretended to be still passed out.
I think I can guess why Circe is doing this, a plan began to come together in my mind.

"You are trying to take revenge for your beloved, but is he worthy of such loyalty? All he wanted was to watch the world burn, Circe and you are part of this world. Ares did not care for you."

"No, No. Do not dare to say his name. You, the murderer." She shrieked.

Circe grew delirious.
"We would've been happy together. You destroyed our happiness.  And now, I want to see your precious blood bleed out of you and know that I did that to you."

She set down my godhood and drew two swords out of the air. She threw one at my feet.

"Say your prayers, Diana. But I doubt the gods will have mercy on you."

******************************
Okay, the plot is slowly moving along.  So, who is going to win the sword fight, Circe or Diana?
Also, please vote and comment.