Chapter 7

As we exited the room, a wave of deja vu washed over me.

"Wait, I know this place, Steve. But why were you held here unless... we have to go now." I started to run, repeating please don't let it be true in my mind.

"Where are we?" gasped Steve as he tried to keep up.

"Themyscira."

"Why would I be held in Themyscira?"

"Circe held you for some reason, perhaps to hurt me, but if she does want to hurt me, why do you think she would be here?"

Steve's eyes lit up with worry as he glanced at me.

"To hurt your mother and sisters..." Steve said

"Exactly."

I was getting desperate, looking for any sign of life as I ran through the palace. I would not have anyone be hurt or die because of me. Antiope had died for me and her loss was devastating. How could I live knowing my family died because of me?

I quickened my pace and reached the exit. The cold air hit my face and I felt drops hit my skin. Rain in Themyscira? It has never rained here. I looked up and saw stormy clouds, darkening the island. That's when I saw my sisters. They were in battle formation around the palace, their mouths open in a battle cry, yet they didn't move or make a sound. The most shocking was the pallor of their skin, a dark grey color. I ran to my mother in the lead of the formation. I threw my arms around her, but all I felt was the cold of stone. Stone, my sisters had all been turned to stone. I let out a sob.

"No. No. Mother, forgive me I shouldn't have left. I should've been here to protect you." The pain was unbearable. The tears were starting to well in my eyes. Silently, I vowed to bring justice to whoever would do such a thing.

"Diana... I'm sorry." Steve's hand settled on my shoulder.

I embraced him and buried my face in the crook of his neck as I let out a sob.

"They are all dead. My sisters gone. This Circe is a coward, I will make her pay."

"I'm afraid you're wrong on all accounts." A silky voice with an amused tone said.

I spun around. There was no one there.

"Where are you? " I could hear the anger in my voice.

"Now, now, I really haven't done that much." Again I looked around and didn't see anything.

"How is mass murder not much?" yelled Steve beside me.

" I wasn't talking to you, mere mortal. " The voice said condescendingly.

Dripping sweetness the voice continued "But to answer your question, it's because they're not quite dead, not yet anyway."

Relief and apprehension bloomed in my chest. I stood still as I waited for the voice, who must be Circe, to continue.

"Diana, only you can save them, but it'll cost you. How much are you willing to pay?"

******************************
Dun, dun, DUN. The plot finally thickens. I've been waiting to introduce Circe forever. So, what do you think is going to happen? As always, vote and comment, please.